Chapter 17

Ben and I looked at each other, both with grins on our faces. Fairy Godmother's head shot up at the sound of her cries and Evie ran in from the other room.

"But...how?" Evie gasped.

"The magic of Love." Fairy Godmother answered quietly. "Something more powerful than death or anything else in the world."

"She's beautiful." Ben whispered so that only I could hear.

But 'beautiful' was an understatement, she was absolutely stunning. Her big bright blue eyes looked from Ben's face to mine and continued to go back and forth. Her little chubby cheeks were rosy, and her lips were full. For a premature baby she looked absolutely perfect, even if she was tiny in my arms. I looked over my shoulder at Ben, who was still smiling down at our daughter, then when he turned his face to mine I saw tears glistening in his eyes and his grin grew wider. He leaned down and gently placed a kiss on my lips, one of those perfect kisses that showed how perfectly happy we were at that moment. But unfortunately, perfect happiness doesn't last as long as you would hope.

"Mal?" Evie started. "I'm sorry, but do you want there to be a press release about the baby's birth?"

I looked over at Evie at the little desk in the corner, always on the ball she was. "No." I answered looking down at my daughter. "Not until after we deal with my mother."

And almost like magic, there was a knock on the door, Evie stood up and opened the door enough that her head could stick through. She was whispering to the person on the other side, and it sounded like a headed discussion. 

"So," Evie started carefully, closing the door behind her. "There seems to be a riot of some sort happening at the villains camp. It seems that they're getting restless."

"The barrier is up." Ben said. "And they can't really do anything major until after midnight. But that isn't going to happen because we have all three keys."

With that final words, Evie went back to her laptop at the desk to continue flicking emails left, right and centre and working on whatever else she had been tasked with. We were all to stay in this room until eleven thirty, then we would ride - heavily guarded - to the meeting point and we would present ourselves to Maleficent. 

I pushed that thought to the back of my mind and spent the rest of the day learning to care for and spending time with my beautiful daughter. 

It was about eleven at night and Evie had my sleeping daughter in her arms as we discussed what was going to happen. 

"You, Stella-Marie, are going to be a heartbreaker." Evie coos down to her. "I can see it already, Mal. You're going to have your hands full with this one."

It was quarter past eleven when there was a knock on the door. Fairy Godmother answered it this time.

"Your Majesties, it's time to go." She said opening the door fully, revealing Jane and Doug.

They grinned as they saw Stella-Marie in my arms, and I smiled back then turned down to smile at my daughter. I don't think I'll ever get used to the fact that she makes me so happy.

With a protective arm around my waist, Ben and I walked down the halls, wearing big black cloaks to hide using the night. Evie and Fairy Godmother walked in front of us, ready to protect us, Doug and Jane walked behind us, and then there were guards lining the outskirts of our little parade. We were our own little army, as we silently marched across the grounds and made our way to the hidden car a few blocks from the palace entrance. We couldn't risk anyone trying to stop us or trying to get their hands on the baby so we were doing this in secret. I was a ball of nerves as we got into the car and started to make our way down. The rest of our group were already at the camp site, they had been since this morning actually. Lonnie and Chad were keeping the situation under as much control as they can at the moment. Jay and Carlos were keeping the recruits fit and making sure that they were staying in line, and Jane and Doug were just going to the make shift office now to make sure that everything was running smoothly. Our friends have been absolute gods since I had to be put into labour and I reminded myself to let him have a week off when this was all over. 

We were driven behind the office, keeping out of site of the villains for the time being. We waited in the office until it was five to twelve, then putting our hoods over our heads again, we walked out. Guards and friends surrounding us like a black cloud. Stella was safely in my arms, tucked under my cloak to hide her in case something went wrong. I had prepared myself for a line of villains, but not this! Standing above them all was my mother, in all her full glory. Her horned hat all shiny and polished, her full cape with the collar standing to it's full length and her full length dress billowing out behind her in the wind. And standing below her were line after, line after line of villains, there were hundreds. I didn't even know that that were that many villains on the Island of the Lost!

This was more than we could handle...there's a chance we won't win this fight, and that chance was growing larger and larger as I looked across the army of villains.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Princess Stella-Marie has been born....died first....but she's born!!!!

And now the battle begins...