Chapter 10

I never told anyone about the nightmare I had of Mother killing my baby. I didn't want to worry anyone. Instead I painted it in secret, so that I could get rid of the thoughts and then I burned it. It didn't help though. I was constantly worried that Mother would find out about the baby and take it away from me. Ben would increase the security on me when it really needs to be on the people and I can't have that.

So, I went on with life as per normal. I signed paper, gave interviews about the pregnancy and the barrier. I helped improve battle plans for when we needed to battle the villains. Oh, and arguing with Ben about whether we should have a nanny for the baby or not. I thought that between all our friends, us and some of the guards we would have plenty of carers for the baby when we weren't available. Plus I wanted to be a proper mother and raise my own child, not have others raise it for me. Ben was worried that I would get too tired being queen and a full time mum, but of course I won the argument by saying that I wanted to be a better mother than mine was, which meant that I had to be there for my child every second that I could. It wasn't too hard for him to say no once he understood my strange need to keep nannies well away from the baby. Then we'd go back to arguing about what the nursery should look like and what the name should be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was finally starting to get bigger and it was more noticeable. I dressed in clothes that showed off my stomach because I was proud out of. The morning sickness had finally stopped. All I had to do now was do the nursery, get some clothes, and start my pregnancy class.

We had gotten the situation with the villains under control for now which was a good thing. Fairy Godmother was correct when she said that no one knew how to break down the new barrier. Villain after villain tried to tear it down, each of them failing. Ben and I had driven past the barrier to see if there was any activity, we had villains try to damage our car with food, tools, anything they could get their hands on, but it was no use with the barrier in place. I looked out the window of our bedroom at the big blue dome that was no surrounding Auradon. This was why kept us safe, and I thanked Fairy Godmother any chance I got.

Today we would be interviewing the children and their families that were possible candidates for the last key. After the interviews I would have the ultrasound that would finally tell me if I was having a boy or a girl! I was so excited! Ben was going to come to this ultrasound. Ever since he heard what ultrasound this was, he was constantly talking about how he wants the room decorated for each child and we were beginning to pick out names too. I looked down at our list; so far we had Stella-Marie, Rosemarie, Charlotte or Annabelle if it was a girl. For a boy we had Mason, Adam, Alexander, or Elijah. Personally, I like Stella-Marie and Elijah best, but Ben had yet to make his decision. I think he was just waiting for the gender of the baby. After the ultrasound, I would be going to meet with Evie, Jane, and Lonnie to see what they were doing for my baby-shower.  I actually think they started planning it the day we told them that I was pregnant. Haha, always excited...and way too eager to party, I used to be like that...before I got pregnant and ended up in bed by 8pm. Anyway, the shower was supposed to be a pool theme or something like that because it was summer and they wanted to do something outside.

I called my maid, Chantelle to help me get into my gown, because I couldn't do it by myself anymore. After a quick but elegant hairstyle and grabbing the magical pendant on my way out, I met Ben down the hall ready for the interviews, both of us looking very regal.

"My Queen." Ben grinned down at me, planting a kiss on my lips.

"My King." I answered, smiling back.

"You ready to find the last key?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered, slightly nervous. After all this could be it. "Fairy Godmother said that this pendant will glow slightly and get hotter if we are near the third key." I explain holding up the pendant.