Chapter 12

As promised, the day was stress free, curse free, and relaxing. Our picnic in the gardens consisted of strawberries, chocolate, lemon tarts, tea, and chocolate cake. Going inside, Evie had turned one of the lounge rooms into a backstage area, with vanities ready for us to use to do make up and hair. On the other side of the room were racks and racks of clothes that seemed to just appear and be in everyones sizes, even my pregnant size!

"E! What on earth did you do?" I exclaim, taking in the room.

"Oh, I just had time to spare so I thought that I'd make the experience more real." She chuckles to herself. "Okay, ladies, we have a show to put on."

The next two hours were spent making each other look amazing...well more amazing than usual, and  picking outfit out that matched the theme from our hair and makeup. When we were all done, we looked good. Standing in front of the full length mirror that stretched across half the wall, we stood side-by-side admiring our works of art...us!

"What now?" Lonnie asks, fixing her head piece.

Lonnie was wearing a half-skirt that was short in the front and long in the back, it when from yellow at the top blending into, orange, red and then a maroon brown, matched with a beautiful peplum top that was a shade of brown. She had matched it with a pair of cork wedges, natural make up with a hint of orange and her hair fell down her back in soft waves.

Jane had found a slimming dress, that had a lace design on the torso, which went up and turned into long lace sleeves. There was a slit up the side of her dress that reached just above her knee, giving a view of the stunning white heels that she had found buried at the back of the shoe cupboard. Her make up was pale colour, which would have looked horrible on anyone else, but she managed to pull it off beautifully. I had done her hair in a long fishtail braid to the side, and stuck pins in that had tiny sparkling jewels on the end.

Evie - phenomenal when it comes to fashion as always - had a pair of ripped jeans on that were apple shade of red, with a vibrant green 3/4 sleeve, tight fitting V-neck top that had leaf patterns on it. She had paired the outfit with a pair of shiny red 6-inch heels that made her tower over the rest of us. Her make up was natural with brilliant red lipstick that were the focal point of her face, the front of her hair pulled back with a red headband, Lonnie had teased the rest of her hair so that it puffed up at the back. 

Then there was me, the girls had insisted on pampering me, so they chose everything that I wore and how my make up and hair were done. And they had done brilliantly, I was actually shocked at how good I looked. Usually it took me forever to get ready and look this good! I was standing in a white flowing gown, that swirled around my legs when I twirled. It had a sweetheart neckline with thick straps to hold it up, There was a sparkling belt across the top of my baby bump which was very noticeable in this dress, but it made it look more magical. My hair was half up/ half down, in curls with glittering pins similar to Jane's holding it in place. I barely had any make up on, the girls had used light brown shades that seemed to blend in with my skin but also stand out at the same time and my lipstick was a light shade of pink. I had on white 4-inch heels because that was all that I could walk in.

"Now,' Evie started heading towards the door. "We go across the hall and give the fashion show of our lives."

"What?" Jane, Lonnie and I cried together.

"What do you mean give the 'fashion show of our live'?" I asked, what had she planned?

"Oh, I just asked the guys and a few of the palace staff to attend a fashion show that we were putting on." Evie waved the comment off, continuing out the door.

"E!" I yelled after her. Jane, Lonnie and I looked at each other, there was no way that we were going to win this argument against her, so we trudged after her, a little ways down the hall where the doors were open to the ballroom and there were stairs right in the doorway leading up. Wow, she really wasn't kidding when she said that she wanted this to be a real experience.