Ch. 9

I sit in my room talking to Dash just hanging out and then Emma comes in. I couldn't help myself, "ay it's the Telenovela star."

"Tele what?" Dash asks.

"Emma stops in the door and messes with her sleeves, "telenovela is like a Mexican soap opera."

"Yeah I use to always hear then when I visited my Nana, my grandma when she was alive and before bed you could hear the loud Spanish bickers and slaps," I laugh then sigh.

"Ah makes sense," Dash nods. Emma continues to walk to the window couch. "Well I'm going to check on the male stars," Dash laughs then gets up and exits.

I get up and walk to the couch. "So wanna explain exactly what the heck is going on?"

Emma looks down at the floor, "ever since Jordi has been here I've been even more confused," she stars. "Leo- Leo hurt me, but I can't let him go," she sticks her teeth together then says, "but I hate him."

"If you can't let him go clearly not."

"He broke up with me. And Jordi is great," she looks up at me and smiles. "I know who I like, Leo.. But I know I also like Jordi." She shakes her head, "no you know what? I really still like Leo, but I'm scared Im going to get hurt."

"Life's all about risks; life is all about the decisions you make. You could play it safe with Jordi," my stomach felt a twist when i finish saying that, "even though you know you don't like him as much as the risky choice. Besides there is always that chance someone is going to hurt you."

She looks up at me and twists my head, "you know what? Maybe I should look back over my charts on who I like better."

"You made charts? You make it sound like your choosing a destination for a vacation. But I guess if that's what makes you feel better."

I leave the room with Emma thinking and head upstairs to the roof with a few things, a guitar, a book, book light, and a pad of paper with a pencil.

I decide that after a while of being with Emma I want fresh air and after the other day I thought it is really nice on the roof.

I sit on the cool roof in the corner strumming some chords and writing them down until I hear a shoe through the door causing me to jump. It was dark but the light above the door shown on who it was, a pissed off Jordi and desperate Dash.

I hear them arguing about how Emma needs to see what could happen with Leo. I'm guessing she chose Leo.

"Come on doesn't everyone need a friend?" Dash asks.

"Does this answer your question?" Jordi shouts back as he rips off his hospital band and throws it off the roof, he then walks back to the roof door and exits.

I wait a little before saying anything. "Front row seats at the telenovela screening."

Dash looks in my direction then comes over and sits with me. "Yeah, how was the show?"

I move my belongings to the side. "Looked chaotic," I gave him a small smile.

"Oh it was. Hey I know you just got here and don't exactly know me," he says looking at his hands, "but I meant what I said." He looks at me, "everyone needs a friend. Having a friend doesn't mean you have to tell them everything, that's up to you, but atleast let me try to be there. You kinda came at a crazy time with all the Leo, Emma, Jordi stuff."

I look at him then at the ground. I scoot a little closer and rest my head on his shoulder. "Thank you."

A/N: okay so a super small chapter, I was watching YouTube then I saw Nolan and I was reminded of my story! Okay do guys don't worry I'm working on a schedule. Also! Later today you guys are getting a longer better update! Woo so if you guys remember the show you'll know what general part we are moving to! I want to say that what I put in dialogues may not always be word for word like the used on the show but it'll get the general point across! Thanks guys, be ready for tomorrow! Maybe check out my other stories? Thanks!

Comment/Vote/Follow/Share