Ch. 12

I slowly begin to walk to the boys slipping my phone back into my pocket. "So... How did it all go?"

"We had no luck at all," Leo says, "we even played the cancer card."

I laugh at the out come, "well I am assuming that when you play the cancer card and it gets turned down, FOR SURE you had no luck," I continue laughing.

"Alright, alright. Let's just go guys," says Jordi as he begins to leave the steps of the club and head to the area that we parked the car.

"So Adriana," Dash begins to speak to me as we follow Jordi.

"Yes Dash?"

"Who was the Pretty Boy?"

I laugh at Dash's reference to Luke as 'Pretty Boy', "well Dash I don't really know. Some dude named Luke that is I think from Australia?"

"Australia?"

"Yeah, sound like an Australian accent but, I don't know. Any ways it is his first time in this country and he needed help with directions to the hospital."

"Wait, does this boy not know of the great world of Google and what it has to offer us, aka maps?"

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID!!!"

Dash laughs as my tone in voice changes. "So wait why was he going to the hospital?"

"I don't know, I didn't really think to ask; I don't really feel like that's a great conversational piece. 'Oh hey! We just met but tell me exactly why you're going to the hospital, would you?' No, I don't think so."

Dash and I laugh, "alright, you have a point. So that means you'll see him around the hospital?"

I present an obvious fake laugh, "I don't think so... I didn't tell him I'm in the hospital, because once again not a great conversational piece, but also because I don't want anyone else to know."

"Well I suppose I get that, maybe not exactly but I respect it."

"Thanks Dash."

We make it to the main street where we meet up with Emma. She just walks out of a store and is staring at her hands once again, they looked slightly damp, perhaps she cleaned them inside. Soon we approach a hot dog truck.

"Anyone want one?" Leo asks stepping to the curb where the truck was, "they're on me."

No one replies to Leo, I assume like myself no one else wanted one. Leo goes up and hands the man working money in exchange for two hot dogs.

"Where's the stripper?" Emma asks.

"Like pouring salt on an open wound," Dash replies.

"We can still celebrate the small victories," Leo says going to Emma's side and handing her one of the hot dogs he had just purchased. Emma accepts but with the sight of displeasure in her eyes.

Out of the blue Dash begins to yell, "HOLD UP! HOLD UP!" He runs past us all and points bringing our attention to what had caused him to raise his voice and run.

"My car!!!" Jordi yells.

I do nothing but stand in shock and cover my mouth.

"My crutches!" says Leo. Oh man this really sucks.

I look at the only other person still standing where we were before we had realized what had just happened, Emma. Emma looks at the food terrified. I don't think that Leo realizes Emma isn't his problem to fix, and the whole situation I feel bad for the both of them because if one of them can't get the other to do something they think they fail. I do have to admit I think this whole thing is harder for Emma. Suddenly Emma rushes past me and throws the food in the trash then fast walks to get to where the boys had stopped, I begin to follow at a slower pace.