Chapter 25 - Mallory

Up, down, under, swing. Remember always watch his weapon. Jarvis's sword  came down right over my head but I caught it and held it up it with one hand on the swords blade and the other on the hilt of my sword. I pushed up as hard as I could but Jarvis was too strong, he wouldn't budge.
  He was strong, but his footwork was poor. I took a leap of faith and kicked my leg into his making him lose his balance. I swung my sword and knocked his sword right out of his hand. of right out of his hand. He tried to reach for it but I swung my sword at his arm making him bounce away.
  Jarvis began to stand in defeat but before I could even think he swung around and kicked me in the stomach. I immediately coiled into a ball, my stomach burning with pain. He grabbed my sword and did a 360 spin pointing it at my neck.
  "Wrestle instead?" I suggested. He nodded and through the sword behind him looking away from me. His mistake. I jumped up tackling him. We rolled around on the ground for a good five minutes.
   He finally managed to pin me down. He was on top of me with his arm on my throat. I tried to move but struggling was pointless. He blocked all of my defenses with his other hand. I stopped struggling and just looked up at him. Jarvis is panting heavily, his dark brown hair was plastered across his face with sweat. I looked into his eyes, I had never really noticed how pretty his eyes were before. He has these bright blue eyes that just...
   I finally snapped back into reality, and realized I was staring. I didn't want him to notice so I panicked. I pulled my arm out of his grasp and hit him in the face. Immediately regretting it. He stumbled backwards blood dripping down his cheek. I had cut his cheek.
  "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"I asked walking over. I put my hand on his wound judging the severity of it. It was nothing much, I could tell it would heal within just a few days.
   I felt like I was being stared at, and looked up at him. He was in fact staring down at me. I didn't realize I still had my hand on his cheek. I suddenly pulled my arm down and turned bright red. He was blushing too.
  "Guys! We have news!" Sophia's voice rang out. Me and Jarvis turned around trying our best to act like nothing had just happened.
  Steve and Sophia were running straight at us was worried expressions. Adella, Heidi, Anzo, Nathan and Antonio came up walking behind us. They told us all about Aisha and  Azari and how they were hunting us.
I didn't like the sound of this. Everyone is taking this as if it is nothing, as if there was no threat at all. But something just didn't feel right to me.
Once we had thoroughly researched the two hunters we went to sleep. Me and Adella shared a tent. It took me a long time before I fell asleep. I was worried of the day ahead, surrounded by fears of the green haze, and what it would cause next. But most of all, Jarvis. I didn't know what it was, I just suddenly couldn't stop thinking about him and our little "moment". I don't know why I was having these thoughts, I mean he's 16 and I only 15 he's also way out of my league. With this sad conclusion in my mind I quickly drifted off to sleep.
  By the time I woke Adela was already awake. I rolled out of bed and seeing that I had fallen asleep in my clothes from the night before, I threw my hair into a ponytail and walked out of the tent. Most of the camp had already been taken down. Everyone else was eating breakfast and I quickly joined. I avoided Jarvis who now had a Band-Aid on his face covering the scratch that I had left from the night before, and ate my, (what I was hoping to be) oatmeal for breakfast.
   Four hours passed and it was now noon. We were all prepared for battle. I wore me She-hulk outfit with my sword at my waist. We all stood in a circle looking out. Nothing was happening.
  "Guys I think this was just a set up." Sophia said. She turned around with her gun lowered, her mistake. A man came from behind her and kick her to the ground making a big rain of sparks  fly from her wings. Steve was the first to react, he threw his shield at the masked man who dodged it easily. The man was wearing a black suit from head to toe . With a golden belt around his waist.
  Next thing we knew the sky was blackening and cracked with thunder. We looked up to find a girl with bright white hair flying in the sky with her arms outstretched, controlling the storm.
  Nathan and the man in black we're fighting hand-to-hand. And Steve was retrieving his shield. Once he got it he yelled out orders.
  "The one in Black is Azari the one in the sky is Aisha, they are the hunters. Anzo, can you get Aisha?" Anzo nodded to Steve and flew into the sky his sword drawn. I drew my sword as well.
  "The rest of you help where needed!" Steve ran off to help Nathan with Azari and the rest of us tried to find something to do.
Jarvis was over by Sophia helping her up. He quickly pull out his tools and started fixing her wings. Sophia stood next to him, gun in hand ready for anything.
  Anzo fought with his sword smashing Aisha's lightning bolts in half, Antonio had flown up behind Aisha and surprised her by blasting her in the back.
  This made Aisha start to fall, but she quickly rose again. Lightning flashing in her eyes. She began to swirl her hands around and before anyone saw it coming a giant tornado broke out. I ran, I ran for dear life. Adela and Heidi ran ahead of me and Sophia and Jarvis behind. Sophia was now flying above us way ahead. We had lost Antonio and Anzo in the storm, this angered me... Jarvis is now ahead of me, and the tornado was drawing closer.
  I felt the wind picking up behind me, pulling out my hair. I couldn't help it, I looked back. And was swept into the storm.
  "Mallory!" Jarvis yelled, but he was to late. The world went black.

   Authors Note:
Told you there would be cliff hangers! I apologize but this is how it is. Thanks for reading!
        Love Ya 💖💖💖💖💖