Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Ayumi and Kuroko. I'll make sure you regret joining this nameless school. "He warned, as he walked away with his members.

He, like the rest of the Teiko members, excluding Kuroko, have already forgot about the meaning of basketball. Basketball was only to win, and not to enjoy, to have fun. I couldn't blame him, not when Teiko school motto was ' play hundred matches, and hundred wins. 'This shows how result orientated our school was.

-

As the matched started with us, we managed to let Kagami cool down, as we passed ball quickly between us, however, Koganei- sempai lost the ball to Kiyoshi Miyaji, who was the small forward in Shutoku, who is talented in dribbling.

He went back to our side of the court, and was about to dunk the ball in, when Kagami stopped him by hitting the ball away, and passing the ball to Kuroko, who Ignite the ball to me.

The shot went past both of the courts in a flash, and when the ball landed on my hands, I trembled as the force was a sight to behold. Luckily, I managed to catch, and dunk the ball, but I got to admit that the shot was getting stronger- and I was really proud of Kuroko.

We quickly continued the match on a one to one style, and managed to stop their shots. However, most of the players in Shutoku had more experience than the players on our team- and they were gaining the points from there.

"Ahhhh!" Kagami cried out as he did an alley-oop. We were currently leading by 2 points, and it was honestly something big for us as we were not as great as Shutoku.

"Beeeeeep!" The alarm sounded, and it was the end of the second quarter. We went back to our seats, exhausted as the high speed match had put a toll on us.

The coach massaged the boys to warm up their muscles, as I looked at Kuroko, who was increasingly pale. Concerned, I decided to ask the boy how he was feeling.

"Tetsuya, are you okay. You're quite...pale." I say, as I looked at him. He looked, and gave a miniscule smile, before telling me that he was fine.

I looked at him, sighing, knowing that he was a stubborn mule and wouldn't stop until he lost, therefore, I slowly made my way to the coach and informed her, who thanked me and quickly subbed him, and the rest of the juniors suck as Kagami and I, as the seniors warmed up.

It was their time to shine. We pat them on the shoulder, before they left to play.

I sat on the bench, placing a cool towel on my forehead and eyes and wiped away the sweats.

"He changed a lot, didn't he?" I asked Kuroko, as I clenched my fists.

"He changed after you left, but he continued practicing." Kuroko replied, and I knew that the reason why he changed was because of me.

"Ah." I said, as we fall back into a comfortable silence. Suddenly, Koganei scored a goal, and I quickly cheered.

The other tea, under the order of the coach decided to play with us for real and by that, it meant that the members removed their weights, and play more vigorously. We were suddenly losing, and our points stayed as Shutoku's point increased with each passing minute.

"Beep!" The end of the third quarter arrived. We exercise and warmed up, as the seniors rested. Kuroko and I rested long enough, and we were ready to go into full strength.