Chapter 20 - Complications.

●Daesung's POV●

"Do you like Lotus?"

My eyes widened at the accurate accusation my best friend asked me. His eyes looked at me, worry, sadness, knowing, and what seemed like guilt, reflected back.

My own dark gaze fell to stare at the ground below us. What was I to say?

It seemed like my feelings weren't well hidden. Even though I was so good at hiding my emotions most of the time, I had failed this once.

I had promised myself that I would never hurt a band member, yet here I go doing just that.

Choi Seunghyun Hyung wasn't wrong. I had fallen for Lotus the moment I had seen her walk through Hyung's front door. Then she smiled up at us and I was beyond a goner.

When everyone asked to rank us I had expected to be last but when I came first I was shocked and pleased. Still...I saw the look she gave Choi Hyung. It was the same one I sent her and he always returned it. I couldn't compete with the two.

When I realized she wasn't like everyone else; that she had died and come back for a purpose it made me want to protect her more. Choi though had taken that spot and successfully handled it. He saved her and was able to let her be herself. Something I couldn't do even though I wanted to.

These feelings I had planned to bury them and lock them away. Once...i let them slip...when I saw her crying out back and Choi besides her I had let my mask slip. I had worried for her and gotten angry at Hyung. I couldn't hide it then.

Then recently the two began to date and I closed it off once again. Hoping it wouldn't ever surface. For the sake of keeping two important people to me happy. I'd sacrifice my feelings.

At least that's what I had hoped.

"Why are you bringing this up?" I couldn't even look directly at him. I scanned around the room hoping for an escape, an outlet but found none.

Looking up and seeing how serious he was I sighed. I knew I couldn't avoid or slip around this. I owed it to him to tell him the truth.

"Yes."

Hurt quickly flashed within his eyes. I hated myself for being the one to put it there. I had betrayed a close friend. Things now wouldn't be the same but I didn't want to lie to him.

"I know you two are dating and I won't get in between that. I just want you guys to be happy."

Choi had yet to say anything but I saw the guilt. Then it hit me. He knew all along. From long ago to maybe from the beginning he knew my feelings towards Lotus. Him bringing it up was so that I had a chance to not keep it hidden anymore. So that I had a chance.

I wanted to laugh. He was such a big idiot! Instead of letting me hid my feelings and feeling miserable he wanted me to say it and have a proper playing field. He was a dork but a good friend. Still it was too late for me to win her over and if it meant hurting this buffoon then I'd pass.

I plastered on a smile and smacked him on the shoulder, "Come on I liked her for like a second. I just see her like a sister now! Dont worry about it!! Now let's go before they freak out and wonder where we are."

Yes for those I care about I would sacrifice my feelings.

●T.O.P's POV●

I stared after Daesung and knew that he had lied. It was obvious that it was for both Lotus and I, so that we could be happy. I wanted him to get it off his chest...but did I really?

Even if it meant Lotus choosing someone else?

Lotus noticed the two of us and smiled in our direction. She made eye contact, the look in her eyes softened as she gave me a light smile. It was like I had turned to mush under her gaze. I couldn't help return it.