Chapter 22 - Time

"What did you do to yourself?" I flinched from not only the pain but from Yoon-Hi's tone of voice. I hadn't seen him this angry, well, ever.

Silently I looked around to where Seung-Hyun paced back and forth in worry and fear. "I got shot at and I saw them," I whispered.

Yoon-Hi looked at me from what he was doing, I knew only he heard. A look crossed his face but he went back to the spices and spells in front of him.

"What did you think of them?"

I flinched as soon as the mixture touched the skin on my back. In the beginning it always hurt the most when he put the mixture on. The spirits pulled and tugged, always taking a piece with them.

"It was sad if I'm being honest. To them I was a cheat. How was I able to live and not them?"

My eyes were a bit blurred from tears that threatened to spill. Yoon-Hi gave me a sympathetic look. One that he slightly understood.

"I tried to tell her that she shouldn't do it," all of us turned to stare at the Time Keeper. Even Seung-Hyun had stopped and stared at her. He was surprised to see that she appeared out of nowhere but quickly composed himself.

"And who are you?"

She turned to him and didn't look vastly amused. She gazed between the two of us and looked irritated. I looked away as Yoon-Hi got back to work also avoiding her gaze.

"I'm a Time Keeper that is all I shall tell you. Now leave, I need to discuss something with Lotus."

"Not without me," he said.

Her brows furrowed in anger. "Should you know what I say then more shall happen to her. Are you okay with that?"

He held back whatever retort that came to his lips. Looking over I saw his fist clench at his sides as he trembled in anger. Slowly I inched closer and placed my fingertips over his. I tilted my head to the side that he would look at me. Finally his eyes met mine and I saw the storm of emotions that swam in them. I smiled up at him hoping to ease some of it.

"It'll be okay, really, plus the others are probably confused by everything," I rubbed his knuckles soothingly.

He looked away and nodded. Without another glance he walked out. I stared after him in worry. My Time Keeper cleared her throat bringing me back to the subject.

"You're time is almost up."

My eyes shot open as I gazed up at her. Yoon-Hi made a look as though he knew exactly what she was talking about.

"W-what do you mean? I should have more time I mean~" I felt as though I couldn't breathe.

My body was falling apart much too quickly and it explained why I was able to see the spirits earlier. "Why, how much longer?" I gripped onto the blanket that covered me.

She crossed her arms and leaned back, "You did what you had to do. Plus your body can only handle so much."

"I didn't though! The killer is still out there! Sure we found out the traitor but not the real guy. I can't leave like this," I cried out.

"Like you said earlier, you were given a chance not just anyone is given. Take it and be silent. Your time is up. You have three days. Just telling you your time will get me in big trouble."

My breathing became shallow, three days. It's short but still maybe I can do it. Just maybe I can still finish what I had to do.

"I'll still do it. I'll finish what I have to."

I glared up and the two just sighed. She rolled her shoulders but said nothing. It was Yoon-Hi that spoke.

"And if you can't?"

"Then at least I left trying."

The air became heavy but I was determined. Things made more sense to me now. The reason why I woke up beside Seung-Hyun, why he was also involved. Why all Big Bang was involved. It was to save their lives and Seung-Hyun happened to be the one at most danger. Tonight had I not been brought back he would have taken a bullet not meant for him.

"Is he in the clear? Will he no longer be in the red?" I looked at her, at the Time Keeper who held his life span.

"He should be fine. Now he is on a path with eyes wide-open."

I nodded at this. Yoon-Hi seemed done with my treatment and I began to fix my shirt on me properly. He gathered all the objects he used quietly. "I think I know now why you also warned me about feelings." This had gotten the two's attention. "You both are in a far more complicated situation than mine."

They looked away making it much more obvious. "I'm sure that things will ease. Destiny plays a strange song at times."

Staggering a bit I stood to my feet and walked out of the room. The outside was cold and crisp. My breath was visible as soon as I breathed out. The sun had set and the stars were becoming bright and clear in the night sky. Closing my eyes to the world I was soon leaving I composed myself. I knew this was going to happen. Fate was unavoidable.

The group welcomed me with hugs as soon as they saw me. I chuckled at the questions that bombarded me. Calmly and with a small smile I answered all that I could. Seung-Hyun stared at me and his eyes held a silent statement to them; we are talking later.

I gave him a reassuring smile that I did not feel. All was fine. I'm fine. I couldn't possibly have what wasn't mine to begin with. When all this was over...they won't even remember who I was to begin with.

...

We sat side by side out on the wooden balcony. Our feet hung off the ends and I swung mine back and forth, hoping to ease the moment. The other members had called it a day and slept in the guest room in the temple Yoon-Hi ran. He lived in a temple his family owned as well as worked many part-times.

Seung-Hyun seemed much calmer with me by his side. He leaned back taking the time to entwine his fingers with mine. I took the chance to lean on his shoulder and stare at our fingertips. How his were much longer, leaner, and masculine, his warm skin passing to me. Reminding me he was very much alive. I breathed in his scent as though I was trying to stamp it into my memory.

"Can you not say what you three spoke about?"

His voice was so soft I almost missed it. I nudged closer "Sorry," was all I could say. He shrugged lightly at this.

"I knew what I was walking into."

Silence although it was comfortable just to hear his breathing. I wonder if he thought the same.

"I'll save you. I swear I'll promise to protect you."

I didn't say anything to this. Instead I closed my eyes, holding back any tears that wished to spill. I'll never regret protecting you today, I'd just hope you forgetting me will also be protecting you.

A/ Please comment, vote, share. I'd like to hear what you're thoughts are on all this. Constructive criticism is always welcome but of course please note my story isn't proof read just roughly written.

Hope you had a fantastic day :D