Chapter 2: I'm happy to see you again

Anthony’s POV

I gave the taxi driver a tip and went inside my house. My bags were very heavy so I put them down. I was a week in California for an interview, it was pretty awesome there and I met a few fans. Ian was one of them, he looked real cute in the airplane and was really nice. I should clean my house before he comes over tomorrow. I walked into the living room when 2 persons jumped up and yelled “Surprise!”. It were my parents “GOD you scare me!” I laughed and hugged them. “Well, I had to scare you as revenge of all the times you did that to me.” My father said. We always scared each other when I was younger, it was a little competition.  I laughed “Thanks for coming over, I have missed you. Would you like to go out to an restaurant?” I suggested. “You’re paying!” my father said and ran outside.  I laughed again, he could be such a child, but I liked it. I got a text, it was Ian.

Ian’s POV

I grabbed my bags an saw Mari and my father at the airport gate. “Ian!” she shouted and ran up to me and hugged me “I’m so happy to see you again!” “I know, it has been six months. I’m glad that I can visit you guys.” I said. I saw my dad and smiled “I got something for you.” He said and handed me a letter. I opened it and read what it said.  Free karting for 4 persons! “That’s awesome dad! Thank you so much.” I said and hugged him. “we could go in the afternoon if you like?” he asked me. “Yeah, sounds great. But who will be the 4th person to take with us?” I asked. Nobody responded, but I got an idea. I searched for a note in my pocket, Anthony’s phone number. I texted him, Hey! This is Ian. I was planning to go karting with a friend and my father, and I could bring you if you wanted?. I didn’t wanted to sound like a stalker, but who could I asked to come with me besides Anthony? “Okay, let’s go to your house Mari, I’m hungry!”

Arriving at the house, at immediately opened the fridge. “I got some apples in there if you like?” Mari said when she jumped on the couch. “You want one too?” I asked her. “No thanks.” She said. I grabbed the greenest apple and sat next to her. My dad went home to feed his dog before we went carting. I said at Mari’s house and waited for a reply from Anthony. We played one MW3 match, Mari won. “NOOO I needed 2 more points to win!” I groaned, Mari only laughed at me “Loser, you got beat by a girl!” my phone ringed, and I got it out of my pocket. “Anthony?” I asked my phone. “Yes, hey Ian. About the karting thing, I’m actually already doing something. But I think I’m done in a hour, so I could join you. Meet me there?” he asked. I made a little happy dance “What are you doing?” Mari laughed. “Okay, see you there at 3pm. Bye!” I said with a big smile and hang up. “4th person?” Mari asked me. “Yes, and you’re not going to believe who it is.”

“NO WAY! omg I really can’t believe this Ian! you met Anthony Padilla and now he’s going to cart with us!” Mari screamed, she was jumping around. “And we can visit him tomorrow too.” I said and she freaked out more. “This is amazing!” she yelled and fell on the floor. My father came in “What, why is Mari on the floor?” he asked. I explained everything to my father. “Well I don’t know him, but he must be popular if it makes Mari rolling over the floor.” He laughed. “And me!” I said laid next to Mari. “You want to play another match? “ I asked her. “Try beating me this time.” She said and stood up. After a few amazing kills the we were on a tie. “First one who got a kill wins.” Mari said. I searched for her, and when I saw her, I zoomed in to get extra points for an headshot. But she killed me first. “HA! In your face, literally!” she said.

I saw Anthony standing next to the door of the place we were going to cart. I got out of the car and waved at him, he walked to us. Mari was fangirling of course “Ian I can’t do this.” She whispered to me. “Don’t worry, stay calm, he’s really nice.” I said to her. “Thanks for inviting me. I always played MarioKart, but never did it in real life.” Anthony said. “I did it once, but that was a long time ago.” I said. “This is Mari, my best friend since 2th grade and my father.” I told Anthony, and he shook their hands. Mari was blushing and couldn’t say a think. “She’s really shy.” I said. Anthony laughed “shall we go inside?” he asked “I can’t wait to race against to you.”

Anthony’s POV

I got a sign and stepped on the gas. There were amazing drift spots, and I was going really fast. I looked behind me, and there was Ian, almost 7feet behind me. A new curve headed, and I drifted through it, a bit too fast. My kart slipped and I crashed into the wall. Ian drove past me and I saw him laughing. How could I get back on the track? Luckily Mari bounced against me and I could race again. I easily passed her after that, and I could see Ian ahead of me. Another curve, and I almost passed him too, but he blocked my way. he looked back to me and went faster. I went after him. 15 feet till the finish, we only had to pass one curve. Ian drifted through it and left a big spot for me to pass him. I tried to squeeze myself through but went to fast, and landed on top of Ian’s kart. We stood still. Ian’s father and Mari finished before us. I took off my helmet “Are you OK?” I asked him, he took his helmet off too and started laughing “Yea I’m fine! How did you do that?” he asked me, I laughed too “I don’t know, I was going to fast I think. Your leg isn’t stuck or something?” “No, I moved it in time. I’m lucky.” He said. Light were shining in his eyes, and I saw that they were blue, beautiful blue.  A worker came to us and helped us with the karts. We finished eventually, but didn’t won. “Well that was fun! I really want to do this again sometime.” I said. Mari finally spoke, it was cute to have a shy fan like her. “Haha yes, that would be awesome.”. we went to a table and ordered some food. The night went fast and it soon was 10pm “I better go home, or my parent will lock me outside.” Mari said. “I kind of get tired too, thanks for the amazing day. See you tomorrow.” I said and waved everyone good bye, I got a taxi back home and fell asleep right away. I can’t wait to introduce Ian to my friends. I started getting more feels for him, though I met him only today.

[The awesome stuff is going to happen in the next chapter so don't worry. Sorry that i published this one really late, i was away the whole day, but i hope you guys like it ! x]