Ezio Auditore da Firenze: Roman Army Takeover

Rome 1504...

The master assassin was positioned upon the roof of a barracks, below him were a couple dozen guards as he watched them patrol, slack off, and inspect their weaponry. Behind him were five assassins, only one of them bearing a green tunic as he looked up at the Italian assassin.

"Shall we strike soon, mentor?" asked the unnamed green hooded man.

Ezio nodded and made the sign as to wait a bit, continuing to watch like an eagle searching for his prey. The Captain of the Guard exited the building with more men behind him. The Captain had lined them up as to inspect them, there were thirty in total, the Captain included. Ezio gave the sign that it was time to strike and jumped from the barracks' roof, flicking his right wrist as to reveal the hidden blade on his gauntlet. He landed on top of the target, digging the hidden blade into his neck. The Captain of the Guard lay dead as Ezio rose from his body, all of the other soldiers reaching for their axes and weapons.

A gunshot rang through the air, one of the assassins were positioned on the rooftop as he shot the one nearest to the master assassin, wielding a rifle in his hands. The Italian assassin quickly aimed his gauntlet at another soldier and shot his pistol off at him as well. Behind him, the other four assassins jumped down from the roofs, impaling their hidden blades into their opponents necks.

Seven down, twenty-three to go.

The Brotherhood drew their weapons, one of them wielding a heavy two-handed axe while the rest wielded schiavonas. The mentor threw a smoke bomb down at his feet, it activating upon being thrown as it let out a thick cloud of smoke, blinding all those around him. Ezio and his allies quickly cut down through the soldiers, killing off thirteen as only ten remained. The rifle bearing assassin on the rooftop had left as he was no longer needed, followed by two more of the masters assassin's allies. Three assassins remained, keeping their guard up as the remnants of the small Roman army attacked. The first assassin quickly parried a stab towards his chest with a swift scooping motion, twirling the blade counter-clockwise, and keeping his and the opponent's blade touching until his blade layed atop the guard's blade. Whence his blade was atop the swordsman's blade, he impaled it into his chest, having successfully countered the strike and draw fatal blood.

Ezio Auditore had impaled his sword into the back of one of the guards and spun around to use his sword as a roof to protect him from an overhead strike. He had blocked the over head strike and quickly slid the way the hilt pointed, before retaliating with a horizontal slash through the torso. The counter was beautifully executed with elegance shown in the master assassin's footwork and finesse in swordsmanship. Two having been killed on the spot, another tried his luck with the assassin from Florence, trying for a horizontal slash. Ezio sent his sword into a low block, the blade pointing downwards. The assassin was close enough as he riskily lunged at the opponent, dropping the blade after he had blocked and raised his wrist, summoning the blade as to impale itself into the tender flesh of the Roman soldier. He sent back his arm quickly as now both his gauntlets were tarnished with the blood of Romans.

Another white-hooded assassin had managed to close in on one of the soldiers, dodging the slash that came at his head and sending his left gauntlet blade into the left shoulder, which held the sword. Upon having had his left blade enter the enemy's shoulder, the assassin quickly brought his arm back and attacked his right shoulder with his right hidden blade. The apprentice assassin dug the blade into the other shoulder, then used the left blade again as lowered himself and attacked the left knee in quick succession, brutally incapacitating his enemy within seconds. He finished it off by attacking his enemy's right knee with his right hidden blade and then stood up, ramming both blades through his stomach and slashing upwards, leaving a horrifying trail of blood as he rose the blades up from the flesh that surrounded them. Both of the assassin's gauntlets were also covered in the crimson red liquid as he readied himself to continue fighting.

The green hooded assassin shot a bullet at a nearby guard's knee, making him stumble to the ground in pain. Afterwards, he ran at another nearby enemy, stomping his foot on the maimed soldier's leg as to launch himself towards him, sending his sword into the neck of the other soldier, ending his life quickly. Another came at the green assassin's behind, as to try and take revenge for his fallen ally. Another shot rang through the air, as Ezio had saved his apprentice's life, giving him time to get up and prepare himself for the last of their targets. It was three versus four, this was nothing the assassins could not handle. They all brought up their schiavonas and readied themselves once more.

Ezio was the biggest threat of them all, causing two of them to go after him with simultaneous neck slashes. He quickly ducked under the slashes and sent himself against the guards, impaling both his blades into their chests and slamming them into the ground. He rose from the soldiers just as his two apprentices killed off the remaining two. The green assassin parried a stab and retaliated with an overhead strike to the head, killing him right then and there. The other white hooded assassin had merely shot off his own pistol in point blank range; all that remained were the dead bodies of thirty Roman soldiers; all of them having planned to occupy a nearby village for the Templars.

The assassin from Florence; known as Ezio Auditore, had left with his two allies, disappearing from into the dark alleys of Rome. They climbed up the buildings quickly and skillfully before freerunning on top of the roofs of the Roman neighborhood, escaping the area as to become incognito.