Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Old): Provocation

Istanbul 1511...

The elder assassin was walking through the poorer regions of Constantinople, he calmly walked along the streets as he had to get to his destination, and going through these poor areas would get him there quicker.

As the Italian entered a dark alley, a blade was heard being drawn from its scabbard. The master assassin went on guard, extending his arms out as he readied himself for combat.

"Ah! Another victim to come by! Drop your purse and you'll be on your way!" said a man, revealing himself from the shadows alongside six other men. These men had no distinct appearance, save for battle scars that covered their face; the leader whom threatened him had an eye patch over his right eye.

The leader wielded two pistols, one in each hand. Two of the brigands wielded heavy axes, while the other four wielded daggers and swords.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze stayed quiet, the master assassin merely stood there, crossing his right arm over his left as he stared at the would-be thieves.

"Oy! We said your money or your li-"

A shot rang out through the area, as Ezio had shot off his pistol at the head of the leader, making him drop dead. The other six men charged at him, trying to take down the assassin.

"I'm too old for this...." muttered Ezio.

Ezio pulled back a wire on his gauntlet and aimed it to the nearest bandit, shooting off a poisonous dart at him before rolling out of the way of the attacks. The bandit whom was affected by the poison began to have his vision blurred, his muscles began to spasm. The brigand had no control of his body as he swung his arms around, dropping his weapon as he screamed in pain.

Nine....ten....eleven...twelve...

On the twelfth second, the thief fell dead on the floor as the poison had reached his heart. Ezio meanwhile had taken down another one of the brigands who was distracted by his suddenly ill companion, the assassin having dug the hidden blade into the flesh of the victim.

Only four remained.

Both of the heavy weapon wielders sent their axes at Ezio at once, while the other two sent their swords into two thrusts, all the assassin had was the wall behind him. As the weapons came down towards his body, the assassin jumped back and ran up the wall behind him, before launching himself off it and sending out his gauntlets' blades. He landed atop the sword wielders and had sent both the blades through the thieves' necks, coating his gauntlets in crimson.

As the elder assassin stood up, an axe grazed his left shoulder, making him grit his teeth in pain as he turned around, only to be smacked by the flat of the axe as well, knocking him back towards the wall. The bandits came at him again, thinking they pinned him to the wall of the alley.

They sent both their axes at him, both at his head. The Italian quickly ducked both of the blows and strained himself, thrusting both of his crimson red blades as to compliment them with the color scarlet. The hidden blades pierced the leather tunic the two men wore, and thus pierced the flesh. The two fell to the ground, as well as Ezio who had both his blades embedded within the flesh of dead men. He ripped his blades out of the flesh that surrounded his blades and lied there for a while.

The assassin had clearly begun to age as he stood up, this time with a bit of difficulty, and walked away; covering the wound over his shoulder.