Edward Kenway: Pirate Savior

The pirate captain kept silent as he lurked in the thick leaves of the bushes. Before him was a group of about ten Spanish soldiers who were to execute nine pirates. The pirate assassin kept his hood over his head as he readied himself for combat.

Four guns were strapped to Edward's chest, all of them loaded and ready to be shot.

"Prepara sen!" yelled the Captain in Spanish, his men bringing their rifles up to aim at the sea brigands.

Edward took ahold of two of his guns and shot them off at two of the Spanish soldiers, both of them falling to the ground as blood tarnished Havana's soil.

This starteled the Captain and his men as Edward ran out from the bushes, dropping his two guns, and digging his hidden blade into the leader. The blade tore through the Spanish uniform and pierced the flesh, painting the blade and its wielder's hand red. All of the riflemen aimed at Edward, shooting off as soon as the line of fire was directed at him. The pirate used the corpse as a shield before dropping it to the ground.

Edward quickly grabbed another one of his revolvers and shot it at one of the Spaniards, blowing his brains out as he fell onto the ground. Quickly placing it back in its holster, the remaining six executors dropped their rifles and drew their sabers, surrounding Edward. One attempted to slash at Edward, only to be disarmed. 

The pirate intercepted the slash of the sword with the same sided hand, stopping his strike as he twisted the man's wrist counter clockwise, making his grip on the blade weak. Edward slammed his leg into the flat of the blade, making it fall to the ground. Edward quickly grabbed his only loaded revolver, aiming it at the throat of his disarmed victim's neck. The victim clawed at his arm, trying to move it away from his neck. As the victim held onto the pirate's arm, he took advantage of his trapped hand and dragged his opponent with him, turning to his right. The disarmed Spaniard was lined up perfectly with one of his allies right behind him.

Edward shot off the revolver, the bullet going through two throats. The Spaniard that was right in front of Edward dropped like a heavy sack of flour, the bullet had dug through his neck and went into the man right behind him. 

With one bullet, two had been felled by Edward the Legend. Edward dropped his revolver and put his guard up, his fists balled up tightly.

One of the Spaniards sent a slash at him with a short sword as soon as he slayed two of the executors. Edward reacted quickly and slammed his opposite sided hand into the arm of the attacker while another came right behind him. The attack was stopped as Edward raised the man's arm over his head and sent the man into an arm bar, his hand on the bicep as to prevent him from moving. The attacker was now at his left side as he tried to slash at Edward while he was down holding the arm bar. The skillful pirate moved his hand from the Spaniard's bicep to the front of his neck, raising it as to use the opponent's head as to prevent his own from being slashed.

An enemy had slain his own ally as Edward quickly dropped the body, sending a powerful kick into the knee of the other soldier, making him stumble to the ground. Whence he was sent down, Edward sent a powerful punch towards the man's head, knocking him out before he reached the ground.

The last two soldiers looked at him in fear, as a mere pirate had just slain eight of their allies. The last two desperately sent their blades at Edward. The pirate-assassin quickly leapt to his side and rolled, picking up a cutlass from a corpse as soon as he stood up. 

And thus, the battle had ended as a pirate freed himself.

This pirate had picked up a cutlass and impaled it into one whom sought to kill Edward, though he were to have failed either way. The last opponent that stood soon met the same fate until all that lie on the grass were bloody corpses. 

Edward accepted the thanks of the pirates and went on to free the other eight, these nine were then taken on as crew members for the Jackdaw.

And thus, the ten escaped to the ship owned by Captain Edward Kenway.