Haytham Kenway: Expedition

In the town of Lexington lived one of the few assassin's that was left. It was up to Haytham Kenway to eliminate this possible threat in order for the Knights' Templar to achieve their goals. This assassin's name was Quincy Abbot. Quincy Abbot was a retired assassin who had lived in Lexington for the past five years, but little did he know he was to be visited by the son of the pirate assassin; Haytham Kenway. Sending Haytham was unexpected, as it was more than just an insult to the Order.

The Templar lurked outside Lexington while the moon shined, his eyes on the look out for Quincy. An hour passed, and still no sign of the assassin. Perhaps he was inside?

The assassin crept into town, as to go deeper into the town to find his target and be rid of him. His hidden blades were readied, his saber firmly grasped in his left hand. The bushes sounded behind him, which made Haytham turn in immediate response. Behind him was an assassin stripped of his robes, wearing a commoner's clothes. He bore a pistol in his hand, which was aimed at Haytham. In his right hand he had his own sword grasped in his hand, and on that same arm, was Quincy's hidden blade.

"You shouldn't have come here. I've been waiting for years and one of you bastards finally came." Quincy spoke, his unique Irish accent confirming this was indeed the retired assassin.

"Is that so...?" Haytham said as he stared at the pistol pointed at his head.

"You damn bastard...you betrayed you father. You betrayed your whole family!" Quincy exclaimed, anger fueling him as he placed the pistol upon Haytham's forehead.

"My father was a fool, had he stayed a pirate he could have stayed all the wiser..." the Templar said.

Sadly, Quincy had signed his death warrant as soon as he had placed the pistol upon the ex-assassin's head. Haytham quickly grabbed the wrist of his opponent and moved it to the side, causing him to be free of the pistol's aim. Once having trapped Quincy's wrist, he attempted to stab the assassin in the stomach, only for it to be parried and him being pushed back. Abbot dropped the gun as he readied his blade, keeping his guard up as Haytham had failed stealth and resorted to a sword duel.

Quincy was the first to attack with a slash to the neck. Haytham met the blade with his, parrying it successfully as he moved back after the strike. Quincy next attempted to impale his sword into Haytham's stomach, another bad move on the assassin's part.

Haytham parried the strike and met his hand with Quincy's face, dazing him with a slap. It was the end for the assassin, his skills had grown weak over his retirement.

The assassin held his sword up once more, attempting to attack the younger Templar once more. The Templar blocked another slash to his neck, this one coming to the side that he held his sword. The moment the attack was blocked, the ex-assassin flicked his wrist and retracted his hidden blade, before plunging deep into his target. All went black for poor Quincy, calling him to fall to the ground in defeat.

Blood covered Haytham's hand and Quincy's wound, it oozing out from where he was stabbed. Haytham crouched down to meet the man whom he used to call an ally.

"You...you bloody bastard...just as bad as Shay..." Quincy coughed out.

"The assassins used to have a better purpose in life, but now they are nothing more than thieves going around playing hero." Haytham said as he glared at the dying man.

"The...assassins...believe in freedom..." said the assassin, life slowly slipping away.

"And for there to be freedom and liberty, you must take away freedom itself from people, or else it will start chaos." philosophized Haytham.

"You...are wrong...you will see...the assassins are not all dead yet...you will pay the price for betraying us..." the former assassin drew his last breath before passing away into the afterlife, his eyes staring off into the night sky upon death.

Haytham looked at the assassin and shook his head. He then ran away from the scene before anyone noticed what had just taken place.