Chapter 4

"Camz, I'm not up for one of your games this morning," The Cuban girl snapped as she continued to wash the rest of the dishes, "Seriously, a dog that turned human ?"

"But Lauren, I'm not kidding ! Normani found her yesterday and then before we left for breakfast she just POOF became human" Camila's voice sounded extremely tense but the older girl wasn't going to fall this time. Camila was a very good actress. It had had Lauren fooled multiple times, and she was sick and tired of it.

"Okay look, you, Mani, and that dog can all have fun, okay ? I have a lot of stuff to do today and you calling me at 8 am isn't helping" That was a lie. Lauren had no plans whatsoever. But the other girl didn't need to know that.

The brunette groaned from the other line, "If I called you at 8 am, then it's obviously serious genius ! Lauren, why else would I call you so early ?"

Lauren shook her head. She did make a good point. But she did all the other times as well. Another sigh left her lips as she placed the phone on the counter and put the conversation on speaker.

"Not today, okay ? It's relaxation day today, and you know Dinah gave me hell taking her to the DMV with her yesterday."

"What about Dinah ?" Asked the Polynesian as she walked in. Dinah and Lauren both had rented an apartment together their senior year of high school and still remained strong... well with its perks.

Camila spoke up, "Hi China !"

"Morning Walz ! Why are you up so early ?" Dinah questioned as she grabbed a banana. She hoisted herself up on the counter next to the phone.

"Oh, Lauren just giving me a hard time. I invited you guys over to see the puppy, but she didn't want to"

The green eyed girl stood there astonished at the caller's lies, "No she didn-"

"OOH !! Little puppy Ally ?! She is the cutest thing !"

"I know right ? You guys need to come over, maybe we can all have breakfast together. We got Krispy Kreme !"

"We'll be there in five minutes"

Lauren didn't even get to put her two cents in before Dinah hung the phone up. Did she really just fall for that so easily ?

"Dinah what the hell ! How do you just automatically make plans for the both of us like that ?" She grumpily placed her hands on her hips, "And what if I had plans ?"

"Oh stop being a sour pussy Lauren. You didn't have plans yesterday and you most likely won't have any today. C'mon, we're Laurinah, we come as a package in this friendship"

"I wish the package would fall off the UPS truck" Lauren grumbled.

Dinah gave her a peck on the cheek and started walking towards the door. Might as well get up and go with her. Plus, if there was a prank, Lauren could pull the "I Told You So" card.

"Lo, you have two minutes to get your ess in the car before I leave you !" Dinah called out, snapping her from her short reverie.

The black haired girl just sighed before grabbing her phone and slipping on some Vans. Might as well see what Camila was talking about anyways.

~~~

"Okay Lauren, I understand you don't wanna get pranked but come on ! We haven't seen Mila and Mani in forever."

"Dinah, you told me that you saw Normani yesterday"

"Okay but it was for business purposes ! We haven't hung out all break, loosen up. Don't be the bad apple of Laurinah"