Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I heard the doorbell ring. Why does everyone have to get up so early, even if it is a school day! Thats when i remembered that i was one of those people this morning as i had a package coming in the mail and i had to get to school early so i could open that package with my new 'friend', Aubrey. I pulled on a sweatshirt and ran downstairs. Sadly, i reached the door a few seconds after my father. I stood patiently behind him, sincerely hoping he would see the package was addressed to me and just had it over. But of course, it just wasn't that simple.

"Blake, who's this package from?", my father turned and asked me directly.

" I have no idea, Dad." I hope i sound convincing.

"Oh, then why did you come running downstairs like you knew the doorbell was for you?"

"I swear i didn't, i just thought you might still be asleep" I stuttered.

"Blake, don't lie to me. Who is this package from?" he said sternly. "If its from a boy, i swear i will never let you out of my sight again."

"Dad, its part of a competition i signed up for, they send you what you need to complete it in a package." Well, its not exactly a lie, but i kind of slipped by with that one.

"Ok then." he said.

He then handed the package over, and i thanked him, running straight up to my room after that. Placing the package on my bed, i ran straight in to the bathroom, rushing to get ready for school. I decided that whilst i was on the way, i would worry about what crazy challenge might be inside that package. Running out the door, i shouted my goodbyes and ran towards the school.

I arrived at school all sweaty and tired, as i was clearly not an energetic person. Looking around, i couldn't see Aubrey anywhere. Thats when it hit me, we didn't actually set a place to meet up, so as well as getting up early and running to school, i was going to have to walk around the whole school just to find this girl, it was really not like my dad could get any worse for me, but i kept a smile on my face thinking about what might be in the package. After walking around for less than five minutes, i found Aubrey sitting under my favourite tree. Of course she figured out where i sat every day, shed obviously been watching me for a few days now, not that i'd notice. I cautiously walked up to her.

"Aubrey?" i said hr name more as a question to make sure i'd gotten it right.

"Blake! Hey, i was wondering when you were gonna get here! I was starting to worry. Anyway, do you want to sit-down so we can see whats inside these stupid things?" she smiled, tapping the package next to her.

"DAMN RIGHT I DO! " i yelled perhaps with a little to much enthusiasm, but Aubrey just laughed at my antics.

"OK THEN!" she yelled with just as much enthusiasm as i did. I think i'm beginning to like this girl.

"On three?" i asked.

"On three." Aubrey confirmed.

"One" i said seeing my package in front of me as Aubrey did the same

"Two" Aubrey said, grabbing the piece of tape that covered the opening, i quickly did the same.

"THREE!!!" We both shouted, as we ripped in to our packages. I was all a bit of a blur, brown paper flying everywhere and then we both sat there stunned at what now sat in front of us.

All that sat in front of us, out of the large packages that were in front of us only moments ago, was a small note and a cd that had in neat ,cursive printed on it, the words 'Out Of My Limit'. This was not what i expected at all.

" What do the notes say?" Aubrey asked.

I shrugged my shoulders in reply. I slowly lean't forwards and picked up the note.

"Do you want me to read it out?" I asked.

Aubrey nodded in reply, we were both so confused that we could hardly speak.

"Ok, here goes!" i said slowly.

" Hi Guys,

If your reading this note, your obviously one of the girls that we, 5sos, have personally chosen to complete a series of challenges to find us. This is your first challenge, which has come from the magnificent mind of Luke Hemmings. So, his challenge for you, is to play this cd and have a friend video you singing and dancing to it. But the really challenging part of this is that you must sing as loud as you possibly can and you must also show us your worst dance moves. We can't wait to see what you have to show us, the last person to post a video of themselves doing these things, will unfortunately be eliminated from the competition.

Good Luck,

5 Seconds of Summer."

Ok, that was really weird. But it doesn't sound to hard, since i do that all the time in my room and in the shower. I slowly smile, glad the first challenge isn't as crazy as i thought it would be. It only asks us to make a fool of ourselves, which i do on a daily basis.

"This sounds so fun!" Aubrey shouts excitedly.

" I know, i thought it was going to be something much worse! But i'm so glad its something like this."

Whilst Aubrey and i are talking in excitement, i here the bell ring and the scrambling of people running to get to class. Shit, were going to be late. Aubrey and i stand up, quickly shoving the contents of our mail in to our bags, then we run towards the school.

"Ok, do you want to do the challenge at lunch, or do you want to come over to my place after school?" Aubrey asks me whilst w run towards the lockers.

"Your place after school sounds fine to me" i pant.

"Ok, i'll text you the address." she shouts as she runs towards her first class.

"Wait!" I yell. She stops up short. "How did you get my number? I never gave it to you."

i say,

"I got it from Calum. He sent me your contact info from Michael's phone, so i have your number, address and email. See ya later!!!" she yells back, before sprinting towards the science labs.

I swear to god, if i ever meet Calum in person, i will strangle him. The second bell rings and i rush off to class, i'm in so much trouble, i'm at least five minutes late.

The day continues slowly, the clock barley moving every time i look up at it. No where near soon enough, the final bell rings at 3:05 and i race out of the building. I run straight home hoping to get this challenge finished and posted as soon as possible, because if we're the last ones, i might never see Michael ever again. No, don't think like that, Michael really like you and he will have faith in you, so you'll have faith in him, i think to myself. I run inside my house and up to my room.

Aubrey and i both agreed that we would wear a simple outfit of a band shirt and skinny jeans, black of course. I pull on a Blink- 182 shirt, since this is Luke's challenge and it would be cool to incorporate a bit of the boys in to their challenges. as soon as i'm changed, i run downstair, but crash in to my Mum.

"Hey Mum, Sorry, can't talk now, i'm going over to a friends house to hang out!" i give her a quick kiss on the cheek, as she stands there stunned, and wave as i run out the door, on my way to get this challenge over with.