Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The next day Aubrey came over to my house to finally watch the next challenge video, since all the drama from the last few days had gotten in the way of our real goal! As we sit down eager to see what the next challenge will be, we click on the link. A large box pops us on the otherwise black computer screen, then a picture comes in to focus.

"Hello there!" Calum says with sheer enthusiasm.

"My name is Calum Hood as all of you know and i am here to tell you about the next challenge we've got for you. Drumroll please!" Calum shouts, as off camera you can here a series of hands smashing against a wooden table with absolutely no set rhythm what so ever.

"Jesus, you guys suck!" Calum yells to whoever off camera, "Anyway, your next challenge is to take a squishy face selfie like mine, " he says pointing to his face. " Or any weird face, but you have to take with a really old person! Have fun Guys! The worst selfie will be knocked out of the comp! Love you guys!" then the screen goes blank.

"Did you see that Blake?" Aubrey shouts.

"See what? i ask, confused.

"Calum made our signal, just before the screen went black," Aubrey squeezed excitedly.

"What the hell are you going on about?" i asked her.

"Whenever we know theres a chance that each of us might see each other we make this special hand symbol," she shows me this weird wave and then a finger point, " and thats how we know the other person is thinking of us," she explains simply.

"Ok then?" i say uncertain.

It's actually a really good idea. If i'd known that this was happening i would have gotten Michael and i to do the same thing because we know we can't contact each other regularly. Damn it! i really wish Michael had told me this was going to be happening soon, but then again, i guess he didn't really have any reason to. But i still wish he had.

"That's pretty cool!" i say quietly towards Aubrey.

"Yeah! But sometimes i'd rather just sit and talk with him, Ya know?" she says sadly, looking towards the floor.

"I feel the same about Michael," i whisper softly.

"What did you say?" Aubrey says, as she looks at me curiously with her head titled slightly to the left.

"I said i feel the same about Michael, but i don't know if he feels the same way about me?" i say slowly, but louder this time.

"Oh, i think he feels the same," Aubrey says with full confidence.

"How on earth do you know that?" I ask her.

It's not like she has a direct line to Michaels thoughts. But then again, she does have a direct line to his best friend, who has a direct line to to Michael himself.

"What did Calum say? i question Aubrey relentlessly, but to no avail.

"Why can't you just tell me what he said?" i whine sadly.

"Because i promised Calum that i wouldn't, and then i had to promise Michael after he heard that i knew!" she laughed.

"Wait! You spoke to them? When did you speak to them?" I had just fully comprehended the fact that Calum and Aubrey had regular contact, but i had spoken to Michael only once in the past month, which i thought was extremely unfair.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a way to contact them? I'm like your best friend!" i shouted, then quickly covered my mouth.

I had never had a best friend before, let alone admitted it out loud to the person. Why the hell did i have to go and blow everything when it was almost perfect.

"I'm your best friend?" Aubrey asked quietly, looking at me wide eyed.

"Yes, and your my only friend," i whisper quietly, grabbing both her hands in mine and squeezing them gently.

"Oh My Gosh! Are you serious?" she whispers. "Shit! Of course you are!" she shouts before hugging me, bear style, and almost crushing my internal organs.

"I...Can't....Breathe....!" i slowly wheezed out.

"Sorry!" Aubrey breathed as she let me go, laughing in the process.

"By the way, Your my best friend too." she whispered, and smiled at me knowingly, "But that does not mean i'm going to tell you how to contact Michael. Maybe after we finish this challenge?" she giggles, running away from me as i chase her down my hallway, wishing that i could imprint this moment in to my memory.

My First Real Friend !