Lies, Lies, Lies And Lust

"Yes"

She was gasping, lifting her round hips to meet his thrusts "Yess babe... Oh my god..."

She was so close. She dug her manicured nails into his back muscles.

Just a little harder and faster and--

"Aubrey!" she cried in ecstasy, but still felt as he pulled out abruptly.

After a while Robyn opened her green eyes and sighed, knowing he wasn't beside her. Shit. Fuck. Why. She reached over to nightstand, grabbing her blunt.

"Shawn?" she finally called, seven minutes later "I'm sorry" But not so sorry. Not really. In fact she really wasn't.

She sighed again and looked around the pretty expensive hotel bedroom.

Today he surprised her. After work he stopped her and apologized. She didn't really care. But he also took her shopping. And he bought a beautiful dress for her. So she decided to thank him as only she could. Of course she didn't wear that dress long...

"I know" Shawn said coming out of the bathroom, already dressed in his black suit.

She looked at his face. His eyes were wide and... Focused. Not confused. Not sad. Not angry.

"I--It just..." she began to explain. She should be embarrassed and upset, but she wasn't. She simply didn't care.

"Slipped out" he finished and leaned against the wall "I know that too" he added, nodding a couple of times, she was silent. 

The words were the same. Sometimes the words hurt and she knew that Shawn didn't want to hear them.

"And guess what?" he continued "It still doesn't make me feel any better"

"It was an accident" And it was. Before she would try it. Before she would try anything to make him jealous. Only before was hard to define.

"I know" he repeated coldly. She rolled her eyes, still half lying on the bed, wrapped in white sheets.

"I am not thinking about him when I am with you" she winced at her own lie. Why was she even giving him any explanation? Honestly she was thinking about Aubrey nonstop now. God. She was missing him right now.

Shawn raised an eyebrow.

"I swear" she added to seem more convincing.

There was a brief pause.

"I want you"

He stared at her for a long moment. The whole situation felt oddly familiar somehow. And suddenly she knew why. Because their roles were reversed.

"Do you Robyn?" he inquired slowly "Do you really want me?"

Of course she should replied quickly, firmly, loudly. And accompanied it with I love you declaration. But she didn't. No.

"Shawn--" she hesitated a bit, not really looking in his eyes "You know how I feel" No, he didn't know. He couldn't know. Even she was confused.

Or.

Probably. 

She didn't want to admit to herself that her priorities had changed.

"And you know how I feel" His nostrils flared "This wasn't the first time" he said and she finally looked away.

It has been two weeks since she started sleeping with Aubrey. Deep down she knew it would happen, eventually. And even deeper she wished for it to happen. Now they couldn't get enough of each other. And she met with Shawn only three times outside of work. It never ended well.