See No Evil

"Shawn"

She had said his name so many times in her life. Shawn please. Shawn I love you. Bye Shawn. But this time was different.

This time could be the last time.

"Yes, Robyn?" he greeted her without even looking up at her. Emotionless. Expressionless. Prepared. He was waiting for her.

Robyn stepped into his office and closed the doors behind her. She slowly approached his desk and put the letter, that she wrote very early this morning, before him. She had time. Tonight there was no one to keep her busy.

"What is it?"

She put on a polite smile and tugged her red pencil dress straight. She was unmissable. She made sure of it.

"My resignation"

Yes. That finally caught his attention. He glanced at her with narrow eyes.

"Robyn... What's going on?"

"I don't want to work here anymore" she answered firmly.

Shawn looked her in the eyes and licked his lips.

"So this situation... with Beyonce..." he paused and cleared his throat "I mean, does that have any impact on your decision?"

No. Fuck. Yes. A little.

Robyn looked away and took a few seconds too long to answer.

"No" she said dryly "Beyonce doesn't work here" She didn't want to think about Beyonce. About her situation. About her blonde hair. And about her cruel, fake smiles.

"Robyn" he sighed "She is going to be a mother but..."

"She didn't make this baby by herself" she interrupted him coldly "You are going to be a father"

She could feel her anger rising. She was miserable. She wanted to hurt somebody. And that wasn't right, because for once she wasn't really angry at Shawn. But fuck what was right.

"I don't feel..." He shook his head.

"I don't care how you feel or don't feel!" she shouted suddenly then took a deep breath and continued "I don't care if you think she did it to trap you or not. That doesn't matter now"

She started pacing around his office. She tried to clear her mind and keep her expression calm.

"There is a baby on the way" she hissed more to herself "Your baby! Fuck!"

Fuck. Honestly these were the things she wanted to yell at Aubrey.

"I know that a child is involved" His eyes lowered to the floor and his voice became softer "But that will change nothing"

She stopped and stared at him for a while. Conclusively realizing Shawn would never change. Not for her. Not for Beyonce. Not for the baby. No one had the chance.

"I'm going to pack my things" she turned her back to him, not waiting for his reply.

"So that's it?" But Shawn decided to speak and she felt his eyes trail from the nape of her neck down her spine "You're going to leave me for him?"

I don't know. Maybe. Probably.

Probably yes.

Yes.

Robyn closed her eyes and sighed, knowing that they wouldn't be able to have a conversation without bringing that up.

"If it's not about Beyonce, it's about him" He clearly wanted to hear it from her.