fourteen

After yelling over my shoulder to tell Harry to pick me up in 10, I ran home with the skateboard tucked under my arm, quickly changed, and applied a bit of makeup. I moved like a tornado through my bedroom and bathroom.

I glanced at the clock. Crap, he'd be here any minute.

I ran a hand through my wind blown hair and looked at myself one final time in the mirror.

"This will have to do," I muttered.

I had butterflies in my stomach and my palms felt sweaty. Why did I feel so nervous? At this point, I knew that Harry was a very attractive man, but since I met him, I hadn't really cared what he thought about me at all. So why should I care now? It's not like I have a real chance with him. No one would like the the mess of a person I was anyways.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. I looked at myself one final time in the mirror, grabbed my purse, and ran down the stairs.

I flung the door open and was greeted by a very handsome looking Harry in a patterned shirt. His face was set in a half smile and he leaned against one side of the doorframe. Harry looked me over in a way that made me blush.

"You ready to go, babe?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

We walked off the porch and Harry opened the passenger door to the Range Rover he had parked in the driveway. Cool air conditioning greeted me as I sat in the plush seat.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" I asked Harry.

Harry glanced at me from the drivers seat with a sly smile. "It's a surprise."

"Of course it is," I rolled my eyes.

"Don't seem so excited," Harry laughed.

"I'm not really a surprise person."

"I think this one won't be that bad."

I gave Harry a look.

"Just trust me." He winked.

Dang, was that boy a cutie.

Harry turned back to look at the road and asked, "What kind of music do you like?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Anything but country."

He nodded. "I think I have something you might like." Harry pushed a few buttons on the stereo system and drums started playing. The song was upbeat, almost reggae sounding.

I just wanna stay in the sun where I find,
I know it's hard sometimes.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Twenty One Pilots."

"I think... I like it."

Yeah I think about the end just way too much,
But it's fun to fantasize.

I started bopping to the beat in my seat.

Harry noticed my subtle dancing and started chanting, "Go Clara, go Clara, go Clara" which only encouraged me to keep up my dance moves. Soon, Harry's chanting morphed into him singing along at the top of his lungs.

"Oh whoa whoa oh, I'm fallin' so I'm taking my time on my riiiiiiide."

I was surprised to hear Harry actually had a really good voice, which made him even sexier. The more time I spent with him, the more tempted I was to just grab his face and kiss the crap out of him.

I was dancing my heart out and Harry was singing when we stopped at a stoplight. A man on my right looked through his window at us with a confused look. I waved at him between dance moves before the light turned green and Harry and I continued down the road in our party car.