twenty-four

A few hours after we got the phone call from Niall, Harry and I pulled up to Louis' house. We could already hear music thumping inside from where we were on the street.

"Do Louis' parents let him do this sort of thing a lot?" I questioned.

"Nah, they don't know about the parties. They're always out of town." Harry grabbed my hand and led me to the door. "That's one good thing about having traveling business parents."

We walked through the threshold of the door and were immediately greeted with sweaty swim suit clad bodies. There were people everywhere, many of them not doing legal things. The house itself was luxurious with expensive wood paneling and interior decorations, which included tables that held endless amounts of catered snacks and alcohol.

I had been to my fair share of parties, but nothing ever like this. Apparently kids who were rich by birth really knew how to throw a party.

Harry had to lean down next to my ear to shout over the music. "C'mon, let's find the lads."

He wedged us a path through the crowds of dancing people and toward the back of the house. We found Louis and Liam lounging by the pool.

"Why, hello!" Louis raised his cup in acknowledgement to us.

"Look who made it!" Liam piped up.

I could tell they were already well on their way to a drunken night.

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders and turned to see Niall with the other arm around Harry.

"The lovebirds are here!" Niall squeezed us both and brought us in close to him.

"Lemme tell ya, it's so greaaat it is to see you two hangin' out, ya know?"

Niall was already way past gone.

"Aw, thanks, Niall," Harry said in a fake nice voice.

"Yer very welcome, m'handsome, tall friend." Niall hiccuped.

"Okay, well Clara, let's find something to drink." Harry led me away from his tipsy friends. 

We weaved through the house until we found a counter where a bartender was serving drinks. 

"What can I get for you?'

Harry motioned to me.

"Just a coke," I answered. 

The bartender looked surprised. "You sure?" 

I nodded my head. 

"Okay," With a teasing look on his face, he began to fill a cup. 

"You don't drink?" Harry asked. 

I shook my head. "I've had a few sips every now and then but I don't like heavy drinking. I hate losing control." I admitted. 

"Fair enough," 

"I can't believe how extravagant this party is." I muttered to Harry. "I mean, a bartender?" 

He shrugged. "They're fun, but after attending so many, they get old fast." 

The bartender handed me my drink and looked to Harry. "Anything for you?" 

"No thanks," 

"You don't want anything?" I asked him. 

"Nah, I do plan on driving you home." He slung an arm around my shoulder and led me back into the crowd.

With a smile, I sipped my coke. 

We returned to the pool and took a seat next to Louis, Liam, and Niall.