Chapter f i v e

Landon's POV:
I hate to admit it but I love my relationship with chandler, the constant fighting and angry makeout sessions. Or.. I used to love it. Before I loved... Him. Now the fact that I love him makes the whole thing just a tab bit harder.

I think he knows too. Maybe from the time I made him peanut butter cookies for no reason, or when I drove through a snowstorm to see him when he was sick. I don't know, but now it was over. I know he seems like a total douche bag, and he is but there's so much more to him then that. He's smart, so so smart, and he's funny and caring, and so spontaneous. But he's also a douchebag.

Sure we broke up before, but it had never been longer then a week. This had been 2 months, way past the due date and I've decided to move on. Not that I'm doing a very good job of it.

I have a study hall period next with the rest of the 11th graders. I figure that's a good time to get to know Mitchell.
I walked into the commons casually assuming theo had taken him there. I was right of course, I saw them both siting in a back corner. I plopped in a seat next to them and started doodling.

Theo was listening to music, and Mitchell was copying notes. I opened my mouth to say something when the teacher who was monitoring this room shushed me. I gave her a dirty look before writing a note down in my notebook.

So Mitchy, where are you from?
-L.D.

He responded in neat but boyish handwriting.

Colorado, my dad made us move for his job.
-Mitch

Cool cool, yeah I figured it was something like that. Why the hell else would you move to plain old Michigan? Lmao
-L.D

Yeah, I get that, but I actually like it here! The people are different somehow, in Colorado everyone is so fake
-Mitch

So, anyways, what's your favorite color?
-L.D.

It felt like such a petty childish question to ask but I feel like what people's favorite color is shows a lot about the person. James favorite color is blue, he's cool calm and collected. Jami and I like purple, were extroverted and happy. Chandlers was red, passionate and cocky. They all seemed to fit very well.

Blue, like your eyes.
-Mitch

I instantly turned a shade of bright pink. I hadn't been expecting a compliment. I hadn't received a genuine one in awhile.

:) mines purple
-L.D.

When is your birthday?
-Mitch

December 15, I'm a proud Sagittarius!
-L.D.

Mines September 12, what's my sign?
-Mitch

A Virgo seemed fitting. He did seem patient and organized. Sagittarius did quite fit me or James but we liked it all the same.

Virgo, I can't believe you did know that
-L.D.

I thought again of Chandler. He was a Leo. Everything about him screamed Leo. It was like he was a paper cut out of a Leo except maybe skinnier. I always thought of Leo as a muscular strong man.

Chandler was on the thinner side. God that lanky bastard.