Chapter- T w e n t y -f i v e

James POV:
The game starts at 3pm and its 2:30. The stands where already almost full and my nerves where shooting through the roof.

Mitchell gave me a hardy pat on the back as we walked into the locker room to change into our game jerseys.

"Eh, er, um Mitch, some chick is here to see you..." My coach said wearily "be back in 5"

Mitchell's eyes brightened and he smiled.

"Aye come with me bro" he said grabbing my arm. I shrugged and then followed him. I assumed it was my sister and so did Mitchell but when we got out there I saw the chick from the party. Gabriella, or maybe it was Abigail or something.

"Hey Abbi!" Mitch said. Oh Abigail.

"Hey Mitch!" She said jumping into Mitch's arms for a hug.

"I'm so glad you came!" Mitch said excitedly. I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall, waiting for his five minutes to be up.

"I wouldn't miss it!" She responded. The conversed for another few minutes when Mitchell said

"Hey, I have to go, but if I win, will you be my girlfriend?" My eyes boggled out of my head. What? I thought he was like madly in love with Landon!

"I'll be your girlfriend even if you lose" she said blushing and then giving him a peck on the lips before she skipped of the the concessions.

"The hell?" I asked Mitch.

"What?" He responded, though I think he knew what I was going to ask.

"I thought you liked Landon bro" I replied. He looked sad for a second but then masked it quickly.

"You know that will never happen, she's infatuated with Chandler" he mumbled "I need to move on"

At first I was going to object but then I thought about it. He was kind of right, Chandler wasn't going to go away any time soon, and Abigail seemed nice enough.

Then my mind wandered to madison. I hadn't talked to her since she bailed on the bonfire. She sent me several apology texts, and I guess I wasn't really mad anymore, but why would she hangout with Levi? I don't really know. Well, at least I'll see her after the game. Maybe then I'll talk to her. Maybe even tell her how I feel. Well, let's not get too out of hand. I am too shy.

"Alrighty kids, you know what to do. I believe in you. Let's kick those Rockford kids sorry asses yeah?" My coach said just before he sent us out on the rink.

I skated out and waved at Landon who was sitting by a few girls from our school. She waved back excitedly.

Now I needed to focus. Game on.

The horn sounded signaling half time. I skated over to Landon, she walked over to the door so we could talk.

"Hey LaLa, have you seen Madison?" I asked thinking I would have seen her next to Landon.

"Nope, but I'm sure she's here somewhere, she wouldn't miss a game like this without telling me" she said beaming. "Great goal by the way!" And then she skipped back to her seat. My heart hurt, maybe Madison bailed, like she did at the bonfire. Whatever, I still have a half to get through so let's do this shit.