Chapter t h i r t y t w o

Madison's POV:

I woke up in the morning to the fresh smell of banana gum. The whole DeJong family smelled like Banana Gum. It was my favorite. I wondered why my room smelled that way.

When I opened my eyes I was met with a pale, muscular, chest. I let out a small squeak but then I remember that it was Levi.

I untangled myself from him carefully and then rolled out of bed. He stirred slightly but didn't wake up. I slid on a pair of seamless black underwear that I just bought from Victoria's Secret, and then put on Levi's shirt.

Suddenly Levi and my phone went off. Signaling that we both received a text message. Levi woke up and groaned.

"Come back and cuddle with me" he pleaded. I chuckled and walked toward my closet. Before I made it very far Levi grabbed my wrist and spun me around. Then he pulled me back onto the bed.

"I should probably check my phone" I chuckled and reached for my phone. He grabbed my hips and plopped me on his lap.

"You're so beautiful in the mornings," he cooed as he attached his lips to my neck. I was quick to give in. I held my blond hair out of the way as he moved his lips down to my collar bone. He grabbed my hips and started grinding me on him. I could feel his you-know-what, start to harden underneath me.

Then my phone buzzed again. I groaned and then crawled across my bed and grabbed it.

"Holy shit James is gone" I blurted. Levi picked up his phone which showed the same text from Landon. He quickly responded and as we bustled around the room getting dressed.

Once we arrived at Landon's house she explained what was going on. Chandler was there too. Then Mitchell showed up with Abigail and we all started to hunt.

We brainstormed where he might have gone and why he might have left. But we could really come up with much.

We assumed he had a fight with his mom and then stormed out but that's about all we got.

Chandler showed us that a few shards of glass had dried blood on them which might have meant that his mom had thrown the bottle at him. If the damage was bad he might have been at the hospital.

Mitchell called the hospital but they said that he hadn't checked in.

After a few hours we all departed. Landon said that if he wasn't back in 24 hours then she would notify the police and to tell her if we thought of anything.

The drive back to my house was silent. I thought about James and how I skipped his game. Maybe he was mad about that and that was why he left. As we pulled into my driveway Levi looked at me.

"Hey, Maddie, We've had problems with our mom since we were kids. It's definitely something she did. Don't blame yourself of anything." He said soothingly. I shrugged. Maybe Levi was right.

I looked at him carefully. He was extremely tall and skinny, but there was definitely some hidden muscle there. His curly red hair was a tangled mess and his face was covered in freckles. Though he looked nothing like James of Landon, they still had the same huge blue eyes. I leaned over and kissed him softly on the cheek.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked quietly. He nodded smiling.

We plopped on my bed and turned on the tv. I searched through my Netflix account looking for something interesting to watch. Levi looped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

I finally decided on watching Adventure Time, I hoped Levi didn't mind. But if he did, oh well. I loved adventure time.

We were half way through an episode when I fell asleep again.