Chapter t w e n t y n i n e

James POV:

When Mitchell told me that Madison had ditched I got angry. I left the party and stormed back to my house where my mom sat in the kitchen with a bottle of vodka in her left hand. She looked drunk. She was supposed to be watching Aubrey but no she was drinking. Like always.

Suddenly I exploded. I started screaming at my mother. She started screaming back harshly.

"YOU ARE JUST LIKE YOUR FUCKHOLE OF A FATHER. I HOPE YOU END UP DEAD" she'd screamed. Then she threw her half full bottle of vodka at me and I was out. I grabbed a bag, stuffed it full with stuff I might need and then left. Taking the car.

I drove for hours. I didn't really have anywhere to go. So I just drove. My anger didn't lessen at all like it usually did. It was 12:30pm when I found myself in my dads driveway. His lights were still on.

I spent 10 minutes sitting in his driveway wondering if I was ready to see him. My father was an asshole. He'd been a decent dad, but after Landon and I turned 7 he left. Just dropped our family cold. He was gone for two years before he'd contacted each kid individually an tried to get money from us.

He didn't know how close we all were and that we all told eachother. We ganged up on him and forced him to tell us why he'd left. Turned out he had another family completely. He'd had an affair with another woman and raised another family. After he told us this we told his other family what he done and then we cut him out. He'd ruined everything.

I thought about this for awhile but then realized I had nowhere else to go.

I knocked on the door carefully. I heard some shuffling and then he opened the door slightly. He didn't look how I'd expected. He was cleanly shaved and had a suit on as if he had just returned from the office.

"James?" He asked in a surprised voice. I nodded. "Jeez kid you look awful come on in"

"Who was it?" Said a woman's voice. She was tall and thin and professional looking. My dad looked at me.

"This is, James, my son with my ex-wife" he stated calmly. A sour look flooded onto the ladies face. But when she looked at me her expression softened.

"Oh sweetheart your all beat up" she said sweetly as she got a wet paper towel and dabbed the bloody slices on my face and neck.

They cleaned me up and fed me before the put me to sleep in the guest bedroom. I still didn't know who the woman was but at this point I didn't really care.