Chapter s i x t e e n

Hey guys! The song featured in this chapter is actually sick af, you should seriously check it the fluck out! I'm not kidding do it.

Madison's POV:
My mom made cookies and told me to bring them to James house. I don't know why James of all people but I think she is friends with there mom or something. I knew that they were probably still at Mitchell's so I hoped to leave them at there doorstep without any talking. I'm bad at leaving gifts.
I knocked on there door. I heard some loud music playing but To my relief No one answered.

I began to walk away when suddenly the door opened and a red eyed Levi stepped out.

"Oh hey Madison" he said trying to act like nothing.

"Hey Levi," I responded handing him the cookies. "Can I come in?" I asked. I know I may not be the most extroverted person in the world but I can tell when someone needs someone to talk to.

"James isn't here, or Landon, or anyone except me for that matter" he replied. I nodded.

"I know but I know you're sad" I said. He sighed and opened the door a little more so I could slip in.

"So what is it?" I asked sitting on the couch and looking him in the eyes. He had the same eyes as James.

"I guess I should probably just tell you" he began. "Aspen broke up with me" his voiced cracked a little bit and he had to wipe a tear away. I had never seen him like this, nor did I expect to. He was so tall and strong I assumed he never cried. But of course that was crazy. Everyone cried sometimes

He looked a little embarrassed after we talked for about an hour. His eyes where dry and he was laughing which I consider an accomplishment. He had the same laugh as James.

"Hey, wanna just chill with me until James and Landon come home?" He asked. I nodded I had nothing else to do. "Wait a second, do you know how to ski?"

"Kind of? I use to when I was little but I'm not an avid skier or anything" I responded

"Well then I'm taking you to Crystal mountain, it's not really a mountain but you know it's the best Michigan's got" he said beaming.

We stopped at my house to pick up my skis and my snow gear on the way and after 20 minutes of driving and one gas station stop we arrived. Levi said it was small but it didn't look small to me. There were 7 lifts and around 50 runs which according to Levi wasn't that many.

We got dressed quickly and went to the first lift we saw.
As we sat on the lift I thought of a question.

"What was the song you were listening to when I got to your house" I asked, it was sort of strange and I was wondering. He sort of chuckled.

"It's called Bring Me Back the Nights by: DJ Shadow" he responded sheepishly. "It's kind of old music. DJ Shadow was the first person to make music using only sampled material. It's quite hilarious but I kind of love it" he finished.

"Oh I have it on my phone want to hear?" He asked handing me a earbud. I shrugged and put the earphone in.

The music began. Maybe I shouldn't call it music. It was just a teenage boy reading poetry with a guitar strumming a single cord repetitively in the background.

Give me back the nights

It began

Give me back the agony, of my solitude.
The nights I've spent alone
The million endless, solitary, nights of my life
Give me back the people I desire, who never came.
Give me back your love which was never really given
And even the lessons which you gave
There was still the taking
And your surprise in loving someone more helpless then yourself.
Give me back the nights

It continued. I looked at Levi confused. He laughed.

"It's kinda creepy" I said. He nodded

"I thought that too, the first time I listened but it grew on me" he laughed as the electronic music part of the song continued.

Give me back the agony of lonely living.

The words began again

Give me back the thousand rejections
Of my love.
Give me back the love
Which I deserve.

The song wasn't over but I stopped paying attention because two boys zoomed under the chairlift on skis naked. Then about 11 ski patrol people followed behind them.

Both Levi and I busted out laughing. As Well as everyone else near us. The boys popped there skis off and jumped into there getaway truck. The ski patrol looked angry and confused at the bottom of the slope.

"The things you see when your skiing near a bar" Levi chuckled.

Once we reached the top of the hill. Levi took me to a wood path that no one went down.

We stopped about halfway and took off our skis to explore.
After about 5 minutes of exploring I felt a snowball hit me square in the back.

I picked up a handful of snow and threw it toward Levi's face.

"Who do you think you are!" I protested throwing another.

"I do what I want!" He laughed throwing another snowball at me. I picked up three more and then rapid fired.

We snowball fought and built a snowman and made snow angels before we skied again.

We lapped the park a few times, Levi seemed to have a backround with trick skiing so he was really throwing down.

"Nice!" He yelled at me after I slid on a box "That's called a 50 50" he said naming the trick. Then he did a 180 spin onto a rail and 180 off.

We went over to the jump line. I didn't hit any of the jumps because I was too scared but I offered to film him which he thought was a good idea. On the last jump he did a backflip. I gawked at him.

"You're really good aren't you" I said after I handed him his phone. He smiled.

"I just really like skiing" he replied. "Wanna go to the restaurant?" He asked pointing to a building that looked like a log cabin but 20 times bigger. I nodded.

Once we got inside a few boys walked up to our table.

"Aye, dude you're really good, I we saw you in the jump line" said one of the guys.

"Thanks bro" Levi responded.

"Maybe you can join the competitive team here!" Another suggested. Levi's blue eyes looked excitedly back and fourth between the 6 guys.

"What's your name?" The same guy asked.

"Levi, this is Madison" he said pointing at me.

"Hi madison, you're really pretty like damn" said one of the guys, I blushed.

"By the way, I'm Thomas, and this is Ian, Greyson, Ben, Kyle, and John" said the one who did most of the talking. The boy who came up first was Ian and the boy who said I was pretty was Kyle.

"We gotta head out to the slopes but I'll give you our numbers so you can keep in touch." Ian said. Levi gleefully handed them his phone.

"Aye maybe you can come to a competition, there's a big one next weekend" Ben said to both of us. "My coach will be scouting at the competition and so will a bunch of sponsors if you want to compete" he continued but this time it was directed toward Levi.

"Sick! I'll be here" Levi said, then he looked at me. "You wanna come?"

I nodded, I did have fun here and I liked watching skiing on TV. It could be even better in real life.

"Gnarly, see ya then!" Thomas said and with that they were out.