Deep Breath

"One step forward... two steps back" I was mumbling this over and over again to the paramedic, I could hear Ryan crying and Arastoo on the phone to someone.
"Hey, Angela is going to meet us at the hospital and take Ryan so I can stay here with you!" Arastoo was trying to reassure me but it wasn't working.
I'd hit my head on the changing table in Ryan's room but the baby was okay when the paramedics checked.
Maybe Arastoo was right when he said that if I lost the baby, he'd lose me. I was the one who reassured him that I'd be fine, that the baby would be fine.
"Camille Saroyan forty year old female with severe head lac ten weeks pregnant no fetal distress!" The paramedic shouted as we pushed through the doors to the hospital.
"Okay I want a Brain PET Scan, Cranial CT scan and then we'll progress from there!" A doctor who looked slightly older than me grabbed the end of my bed and helped take me to radiology.
"Camille lay still for me please." This lady was experienced but was overly sensitive.
"So who was that man who came in with you?" She was trying to distract me.
"My fiancé." I said bluntly
"And the baby is he yours?"
"Yes."
"How old is he?"
"He turns one on Christmas Eve!" I smiled.
"And can you tell me how you got this injury?" I knew this question was coming.
"I went to stand up and slipped on one of Ryan's toys!"
"And Ryan that's your son?"
"Yes!"
"You hit your head on the way down, can you tell me what it was you hit it on?"
"Ryan's changing table!" I was annoyed at all the questions, but I knew they were routine.
"Have you eaten at all today?"
"I had dinner but before that what I did eat I threw up!"
"That could explain you falling!"
"I felt light headed before I fell."
"Thank you, I'll take you to your room now."

Arastoo's P.O.V
"Can you tell me how Camille got her injury?" a police officer stood in front of me with a note pad.
"She stood up quickly, slipped on one of Ryan's toys and hit her head on the changing table!" I said calmly.
"Okay, thank you I'll come back if I have any more questions." He nodded and walked away.
I stood up,
"Where is Camille Saroyan's room?" I asked the nurse on the front desk and she told me her room number was "365" and pointed me in the direction of the lifts. While in the lift I texted Angela the room number with my free arm and she replied with "I'll be ten minutes"
When I arrived at Cam's room I walked straight in with a now quiet Ryan and a male nurse was putting stitches on her head laceration.
"How many stitches?"

Cam's P.O.V
"24!" I said flinching as the metal pierced through my skin again.
"How is our little bump?" Arastoo said as he put Ryan down next to me and placed both his hands on my swollen belly, you defiantly couldn't tell I was pregnant (not yet anyway)
The nurse that had been doing my stitches placed a bandage on my scalp and left the room.
The doctor that had taken me for my CT walked in and smiled at the family scene that she had walked in on.
"Good news! You don't have a brain bleed but I would like to keep you in over night if that's okay!" She explained.
I smiled and Ryan wrapped his little arms around my arm.
*knock knock*
"Hey!" Angela smiled as she opened the door to my room.
"I'll leave you alone now!" The doctor said as she grabbed the door handle and walked out of the room.
"So am I still planning a wedding?" Angela smiled at our happy faces.
"Yes you are still planning a wedding!" I laughed at her.
Ryan yawned.
"I guess I better take him back to mine then!" Angela smiled again.
"Yeah we'll see you tomorrow!" I sighed. "Bye Ryan!"
"I've ruined his first birthday before it's even begun!" I started to cry and Arastoo wrapped his arms around me.
"You haven't ruined his birthday, we'll get you discharged straight after morning rounds! Okay?"
"Okay!" I cried into his shirt.

Camastoo: Our Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें