Chapter Twelve - Creative Bullet

I went to my first real concert on a Monday night in November. In the past I went to a talent show concert in an arena but it wasn't really a concert to me. I went with Ivy tall; she picked me up in her car. Which I still can't get over how cool it is to have a friend who can drive, also play your favourite songs like Taylor Swift. We passed by a spooky looking warehouse as we headed down a dark road.

"I always drive past here and think it's haunted," She commented, "Even Scooby Doo wouldn't go in there."

I smirked and began to laugh, "That's the most random thing to say, ever!"

I loved random though, it was so refreshing to have somebody was almost as strange as I was. We began talking about Scooby Doo, also how Penny loved that show too and the conversations just went weirder. She was sort of like a big sister to me, since Penny was away. She was a year old than me, but it didn't mean she always acted older.

We had time to waste so we decided to go to a coffee shop; we had to cross over a busy road. Ivy thought it was a good idea to cut through the traffic and not use the crossing.

"But we'll get killed!!" I panicked.

"No we won't!" She reassured me.

"You're meant to responsible one here, you're a year older than me!!" I smirked.

"No not really." She replied, and then we hurried across the road quickly. I like doing crazy things with friends; it was exciting, as long as nobody got hurt. It makes up for the time when you feel you're not living your life. The coffee shop was closed, but I bought sushi from a nearby shop, so it wasn't all bad.

When we got inside the concert after queuing up for ages in the cold, we ended being stood up for 3 hours in total. There was two support acts, then thirty minute breaks in between both. When the artist did come on it was worth the wait, but I began to feel strange.

I couldn't stop yawning my head off, although I was facing speakers that were booming out sound at the highest volume. I felt myself swaying back and forth, I also felt as if I was going to throw up.

"Right I'm either going to fall asleep on the spot or throw up everywhere." I thought to myself.

I mentioned it to Ivy, I felt guilty to pull her away from the concert.

"Are you sure you don't want to get a drink?"

"But we'll lose our spot." I said worriedly. We had a good view, the second row; people behind us would have killed to be stood there.

In the end we left the spot and made our way to the bar. It was a bit of a daze as I tried my best to follow Ivy through the crowds of spectators. I had a glass of water, I apologised over and over again.

"It's okay my other friends were like that at their first concert, they felt sick too." She told me.

"B...But what about...?" I uttered as I leaned against the bar counter, the bartender looked concerned.

"It's okay she's nearly finished singing now, I'm not bothered. Also it would be good to get out early, to avoid the rush."

We left ten minutes early; I didn't throw up or fall asleep. I had a good time, despite the ringing ears and a sore back, it was good.

In the last few weeks, I feel like I have become more comfortable with myself as a person. Not that I never was before. I have only begun to realise that I don't need have somebody holding my hand to be happy or look pretty all the time. I can be just as happy at home watching my favourite TV show or film and eating chocolate! Sounds a lot less social able but if that's the key to my happiness then that shouldn't matter to anybody else. I don't need drama and guys who don't even acknowledge me, *cough* Scott *cough*.