Confusion and Anger

Arthur and his knights ran through the forest until they reached a clearing. There, they saw Morgana's men with swords and arrows and they were all charging in the same direction....towards Merlin. Before any of the knights could move or shout, they saw Merlin's hands outstretched in front of him, his eyes turn gold and the men were forced backwards. Arthur gasped. He has magic. This thought was in everyone's mind.

"What?" Percival muttered.

"Magic" Arthur said in disbelief.

Many of the men were knocked out but some still had enough strength to continue. Merlin stood there, motionless and fearless. He was unaware that the knights had seen him, or that they were still watching him. They didn't know what to think.

"There must be some other explanation" Leon said confused but Arthur wasn't convinced.

"He's a sorcerer" Arthur said simply with a tone of betrayal and anger in his voice.

"I never expected that" Gwaine said. Percival turned to face him and muttered "I don't think any of us did." He turned to face Arthur who was now scowling at Merlin. The knights continued to watch Merlin as he once again used his magic against the men. Then it fell silent.

"I guess that's how he's survived so far" Elyan said. "Looks like he didn't need our help after all."

"Let's head back to the fire" Gwaine said. "Act like we never saw him."

"We can't do that. He's a sorcerer for god's sake Gwaine" Arthur shouted.

"I know, but there must be a reason as to why he hasn't told us." The knights thought about what Gwaine said as they watched Merlin from behind the trees.

At that moment, Merlin began to walk back towards the trees when an arrow was fired. His eyes turned golden and he waved his hand and reflected the arrow. However, another one was fired and it hit merlin in the back unexpectedly.

"Merlin!" Arthur shouted as he and the knights ran out towards him. Although he had just witnessed his servant's deepest secret, he was still Arthur's friend. For an instance Merlin stood there staring at them as they approached but then his body became heavier and his knees gave way. He fell to the floor, feeling weak and vulnerable. The ground beneath him was covered in cold, wet leaves and it was getting harder for him to breathe. He could hear the faint voices coming from his friends but the pain in his back made it difficult to concentrate on them. Gwaine patted him on the shoulder and reassured him that everything was going to be alright whilst Arthur and Leon tried to remove the arrow. Elyan and Percival ran after Morgana's remaining men but unfortunately they disappeared deep into the forest. Merlin's breath grew more rapid but he trusted his friends to heal him, he knew he wasn't in any real danger. After all, he had suffered on several occasions without their help and still survived. With that, Merlin closed his eyes.