Leave me Alone

He got back to his room and Morgana was still there to Merlin's disbelief.

"Leave me alone" Merlin said, aiming his hand at Morgana so he could defend himself. He narrowed his eyes but she didn't seem threatened.

"Merlin, I'm not going to harm you" she said as she combed her fingers through her dark hair.

"Are you a hallucination?" he asked and she didn't reply. "A dream". No reply again. "You must be a trick. The real Morgana would have attacked by now... Are you a shapeshifter?" This time she laughed. "Tell me" Merlin said in a threatening voice.

"I guess you could say I am just a vision" she smiled. "But don't worry, visions can't hurt you" she smiled. Merlin reached an arm towards her and tried to touch her. His hand wafted through her body as if she was a ghost.

"How is this possible?" Merlin said but Morgana moved her finger over her mouth as if zipping it shut. "Never mind, I'll find out myself" Merlin said angrily. He grabbed a book from a shelf and began flicking through. He found a page on visions and hallucinations but it had been torn and was barely readable. "Did you do this?" he shouted.

"How could I? I can't touch a thing" she said in a slightly bitter tone. Merlin glanced up at her and watched as she twirled her hair. She looked like the old Morgana, the one that was his friend, the one he once trusted and the one he once lo-

No don't think of that, Merlin thought. Morgana will never change her ways and this 'vision' is not her. Despite this, he couldn't help but look over at her again.

"What are you doing here Morgana?" he asked calmly. She looked over and he smiled at her beautiful face.

"You need me" she said. Merlin looked confused. "Don't worry, you'll see."

"What?" Merlin said.

"Merlin" a voice sounded from outside the room and then the door swung open. Gaius stood in the doorway looking happy although slightly concerned as well.

"You're up" Gaius said and Merlin smiled.

"Yes I am" he replied.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Um..." Merlin looked over at Morgana and then back at Gaius. "Myself. I was just reading some stuff."

"Ok well I think you should still be resting" Gaius said and he walked over to the boy and began to make a fuss.

"Gaius I'm fine" Merlin said but the man continued to usher Merlin to lie down. Eventually he gave in, lay on his bed and allowed Gaius to put a blanket over him.

"I'll see you in a bit Merlin" Gaius said and left. Morgana lay on the bed next to Merlin. When he saw her he blushed slightly, making Morgana giggle. He felt uncomfortable and sat up.

"I have to go" Merlin said and he sneaked out of his room. Gaius had luckily left their chambers so he tiptoed out and walked around the castle. When he turned around the corner Morgana was there, making him jump. She smiled. "Don't do that" Merlin said, walking through her. He kept walking and looked behind him.

She had gone. The corridor was empty.

However, when he turned around she was stood directly in front of him. "Leave me alone, whatever you are" Merlin said. He didn't like how she made him feel confused.

"Why would I do that" she said, leaning closer to his face. Merlin looked away and walked in the opposite direction. He was almost out on the courtyard when he heard footsteps behind him.

"I said leave me alone" Merlin yelled. Anger welled up inside him. He spun around and his eyes glowed as he flung someone backwards. Then realisation hit. That couldn't have been Morgana as it wouldn't have affected her...

He stared at the person on the floor.

(Author: thanks for the support everyone! People have commented that I need to update so I'm happy you're enjoying the story xx)