Tied Up

Arthur drew his sword and carefully crept towards some trees and hid behind a trunk. He signalled his knights and they walked towards the trees too. They looked around cautiously; there had been no sighting of Morgana. Merlin and Gwaine were approaching the area where the knights were hiding. It took them a while to catch up but they had been running, although Merlin still felt weak and injured. Merlin saw Arthur, smiled and pointed at him so Gwaine knew he was there too. Then, Merlin looked to his left and his smile faded. Morgana was walking towards the knights who were unaware of her presence. She smirked evilly and stared at them.

Immediately, Merlin ran out and shouted "Arthur!"

"Merlin?" Arthur turned around and said, confused. "What are you" he began to say before he was interrupted.

"Look out!" Merlin shouted. Gwaine had seen Morgana and was running after Merlin. The sound of a loud crack broke the atmosphere and Merlin looked up to see a tree leaning to one side. It was going to fall onto Arthur and the knights. They had seen the falling tree too and began to run and take cover. Merlin checked no one was looking and then used his magic to watch the tree slowly fall. The knights won't get hit, Merlin thought and sighed with relief. At that moment, Merlin saw Morgana's eyes glow and the tree branch above Arthur's head snap. He ran and pushed Arthur out of the way and nearly got hit himself. Arthur lay on the ground for a few seconds until Percival helped him up and then he looked around and then at Merlin. He was surprised to see Merlin awake and running around but when Gwaine helped him up, he noticed that his friend was still in pain.

"Thanks" Arthur said.

"Don't thank me yet, we still need to take care of Morgana" Merlin reminded. He walked over to the fallen tree and looked through the branches and saw her. "She's coming" he warned the others. He looked behind him to check that everyone was ok and then he faced forward. She had disappeared. Fear struck Merlin's body for a quick second as the thought of their enemy being out of their sight crossed his mind. She could be anywhere. She could attack us from behind, Merlin thought. Then, he reminded himself that he's a powerful sorcerer, he was Emyrs.

"Where is she?" Arthur asked. Merlin turned around and shrugged and Arthur sighed with anger. Merlin walked over to the others and they stood together, waiting. Arthur glanced at Merlin and watched his movement, wondering whether he was planning on using his magic in the battle against Morgana. Merlin turned his head and their eyes met until he looked away. Arthur looked away too and stared straight ahead. Suddenly, Merlin cried out in pain and put his hands on his back. Gwaine immediately grabbed him and supported his friend whilst the other knights looked out for Morgana. When Merlin removed his hands from his back they were covered in deep red blood and he looked up at Arthur. His eyes were alarmed and showed his pain as they began to water. Then, Merlin's cries stopped and his hands move up to his throat. He began to cough and splutter as he couldn't breathe and the sight of this made all of the knights worry. They tried to help him but it was no use; Morgana was using powerful magic.

"Morgana" Arthur yelled. Mist began to roll in and then Morgana appeared right in front of them. Her long, black hair hung behind her shoulders and she walked elegantly in her torn dress.

"Hello Arthur" she smirked and then her eyes turned bright gold. She waved her arm in a forceful motion which made her magic hit Merlin, causing him to fly backwards and hit the ground. His head fell limply onto the soil. Gwaine ran over to him but Morgana used her magic to do the same to him. "Anyone else want to have a go?" she said. None of the knights answered. Arthur knew there was no reasoning with her but he needed time to work out how to defeat her and he was desperate for the truth.

"What happened Morgana? What has made you so twisted that you would hurt us? We were your friends once, especially Merlin. What wrong has he done you?"

"Everything" Morgana shouted. "Merlin has always been my problem, I just never knew it. Our friendship ended when he poisoned me, betrayed me. You are wrong to trust him too."

"He poisoned you?" Arthur said in disbelief. He never imagined that Merlin would do such a thing to a close friend.

"Oh of course you wouldn't know that. There's a lot you don't know young Arthur." A few seconds later Mordred appeared and stood next to Morgana. He too had changed and was corrupted by magic.

"Morgana" Mordred greeted, showing no emotion. She smiled and nodded in return.

"At least I have someone who I can trust" she said as she looked at Mordred. They both stared at the knights and using their magic together, they managed to lift the knights up and tie them to nearby trees with rope. They tried to push away the ropes and order them to stop but it was useless. When they were all tied up she simply smiled and walked over to Arthur. Even Gwaine's unconscious body had been tied up but he was put next to the other knights whereas Merlin was placed on the opposite side of the field. Gwaine woke up once he was tied up and he glared at Morgana. However, Merlin was still unconscious.