The Sword

The wind whistled through the trees and logs crackled in a fire. The sky grew darker but Morgana continued to work in the dimly lit shack. The burns on her body from the forest fire had nearly healed but she was too weak to continue. It felt as though her magic had drained out of her body and all that remained was a tiny spark. This was enough to help her friend with. She poured something into a pot and as she mixed it, her eyes flashed gold and it gently hissed but she stopped when she heard her companion stir.

"Mordred?" Morgana said and she knelt down next to him. He was lying on a wooden beam with a blanket over him. She felt his forehead and it was as cold as ice. She grabbed some robes and anything she could find and covered him up to keep him warm.

"Morgana" the boy finally spoke.

"You're going to be ok Mordred" she reassured him and looked over at the pot containing the potion.

"What of Emrys?"

"He escaped us, as expected" Morgana said, scowling.

"You're making a potion?" He asked in a confused tone and he tried to sit up but Morgana pushed him back down again.

"It's for you. The arrow is out but-"

"There's no time for that. You need to go after Emyrs" Mordred interrupted.

"When you're better we can, dear Mordred. We can get our revenge together" she smirked and her eyes glistened at the thought.

"Are we close" he said.

"Did you do what I asked?" Morgana said, one eyebrow raised.

"Yes, I laced the sword with the poison." Mordred replied in a serious tone and he stared at Morgana.

"Good. Our time has nearly arrived." Morgana's comment made Mordred smile slightly at the thought.

"And what of Arthur?" Mordred said, sitting up slightly, his eyes fixed on Morgana. This time she didn't push him back down so he could rest. She simply smiled.

"He'll get what's coming to him."

(Author: I've changed the story slightly so I have to retype the chapter:3 Here's an update while you wait for what happens to Merlin)