Ch. 4

When I hear my alarm go off I open my eyes. Looking around my room, I don't remember coming to bed last night. The giant must have brought me here. I get out of bed. Today's Friday, I can sleep in tomorrow. I take my off my top and bottoms, throwing them in the hamper, leaving on my bra and underwear. I hear a grunt, startled, I look up and see Nixon standing in my doorway. I cover myself as best as I can. "What the hell? Get out of here." I shout at him.
"I'm not in, I was walking by and your door was open. Would you like for me to close it?" His lopsided grin flashes and so does the one dimple.
"No, I want you to stand there and stare at me some more, idiot! Of course, shut the damn door! You're lucky you're gay or I'd kick your ass." I threaten. I can feel myself start to shake with anger.
"You think you could take me?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.
"It doesn't matter. I'd drug you then take a baseball bat to your oversized head." I respond, smiling smugly.
"I just wanted to tell you, your dad forgot to mention you're off work for a month. All you'll be doing is training with me."
Forgetting about my lack of clothes, I yell for Amber and walk towards the door. I try pushing past him but he stops me. "She left to go settle a few things at work. She'll be back soon then we'll head to the gym." His voice sounds husky.
"Did you just wake up?"
"Yeah, your alarm woke me."
"Then how do you know she left?" I ask, suspiciously.
"We discussed it last night, while you were sleeping."
"That's convenient. You ate her didn't you?" I accuse, trying to annoy him.
"Ate her? No. You're the only one I want to eat." He replies, looking at my mouth. When his eyes travel south, I slap his chest getting his attention.
"Gay, my ass. I'm so telling my dad you're not gay. Then I'll be free again." I say, happily.
"You're not telling your dad anything." He states, pinning me against the door.
"You think I'd listen to you? I want you gone." I huff.
"If I leave your brothers come in, from what I hear you'll never get to talk to another guy again. Think about it." He warns.
"I don't care. I'm used to being alone, I'm over it." I dunk under his arm and walk to my phone lying on my bedside table. I pick it up and call my father. It rings twice before he picks up.
"Yes, Emmy?" He answers.
"Why am I not working for a month?" I question, right away.
"Because you need to focus on building muscle and learn self-defense. Nixon will help you with both. Which you're in desperate need of, honey."
"I don't need any of that. I'm at my natural weight, the doctors even said it wasn't an issue." I state, defensively.
"Emmy, just do this for me. Please, I beg you, don't argue with me. Just do it because I asked you to."
"He's not gay, you know." I tell him, smiling happily. This is it, giant, you're done. Bye, bye.
"I don't care what he is. Emmy, listen to everything he says and learn from him, he's the best at what he does." He assures me.
"You don't care that he's not gay?" I yell.
"Why would I care? Has he tried anything with you?" He asks, his voice deadly serious.
I think to myself, I've been standing by him half naked and he hasn't tried anything. "No." I answer sullen.
"Then do as I ask and let him get you in shape, it won't hurt you." He teases me.
"Fine. Bye, dad. Love you." I say, hanging up.
I turn and I brush against Nixon. I jump back and push him, he doesn't budge. "I don't remember inviting you into my room."
"That's okay, I didn't ask." He replies, seriously. "Daddy didn't care that I wasn't gay?"
I huff out an irritated breath. "No, all he cares about is my stupid training."
He grins and steps closer. "You have twenty minutes to get ready and meet me downstairs." He orders.
I walk past him making sure I bump my arm with his. "Stay out of my room, giant." I go into the bathroom and undress all the way. I start the shower, hopping in and washing my hair. I decide to take my time, screw the idiot. By the time I walk into my bedroom and go to the closet its been at least 20 minutes. I pick out a pair of tight black running pants and a pink tank top with a built in bra. I towel dry my hair some more and throw it in the hamper. I go to my vanity and brush my hair. Taking out a hair tie, I put it on my wrist for when my hair dries.
"Get downstairs, you need to eat." I hear the giant's voice come from the door. "You're wearing that?" He asks.
"Well, I was thinking of wearing my ball gown, but I just don't think my sneakers will go with it." I fake, seriousness.
"You know, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." He quotes.
"Like you're doing much better? Asking me if I was wearing workout clothes to go workout. Even Oscar Wilde would agree with my response." I state, smirking.
I am hungry. So I get up and walk behind him to the kitchen. He's made scrambled eggs with ham, cheese and mushrooms, wheat toast and a shake of some kind. I sit down and sniff the drink. "What is this?" I question, slightly horrified at the smell.
"It's a protein shake, it's to help build muscle and gain weight." He explains, digging into his food, but still watching me.
I eat the eggs and toast leaving the weird smelling shake. "Finish that." He demands, pointing to the shake.
"I'm not drinking that, it looks gross." I state.
"You will. Just chug it, you wuss."
I know what he's trying to do but I don't care, I pick up the glass and down it in a few gulps. It's thick but not as horrible as I thought it'd be.
"All right, let's go." He orders, standing up.
"What about Amber?"
"She'll meet us there."
"She better be. I'm not going through this alone."
We walk to the garage and I take my keys out of my purse."We'll take my truck." He says, going to his Dodge pickup truck. "I won't be able to fit in your car." He points out.
I walk to the passenger side and as I am about to climb in, I feel his hands on my waist lifting me in. I turn to glare at him but he's all ready closing the door. I buckle up, he gets in starting the engine and backs out of the driveway.
"How do you know Uncle J.J.?" I ask him. I'm curious about what he's supposedly 'the best' at.
"I've met him through the bureau. I worked together on Special Op. Force."
"Are you F.B.I., too?"
"No, I'm in the elite special forces. Green Berets, specifically." He explains.
"Isn't that air and ground forces? Navy seals are guns and demolition by sea. Berets are air, hand to hand combat and foreign policy and stuff like that. You have to be smart, you don't look very smart." I add, hoping to get under his skin.
He gives me his half smile. "I'm very smart, thank you."
"Whatever, I like your song." I start singing,
"Fighting soldiers from the sky
Fearless men who jump and die
Men who mean just what they say
The brave men of the Green Beret
Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret
Trained to live off nature's land
Trained in combat, hand-to-hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage peak from the Green Berets
Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret
Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her his last request
Put silver wings on my son's chest
Make him one of America's best
He'll be a man they'll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret." I take a deep breath.
"Yeah, my grandfather would sing it to me when I was young." He shares.
    Uncle J.J. was interested in becoming one, but he couldn't hack it. Not that I'd tell him that. Green Berets are bad asses. They kill without weapons and are trained in all areas. Frankly, they're smart and intellectual with the ability to kill you with one hit. I'm being trained by a Green Beret. Thats pretty sweet.
"Don't kill me. I'm not training to become one of you. I don't want to come out of this with bulging muscles. I like my body the way it is."
"Me too." He mutters, his eyes on the road.
I ignore his comment. "Is your dad special forces?"
"He was. He died when I was four." Hence the reason his grandfather sang the song to him. I stay quiet the rest of the way. We get stopped at the gate in front of a large building. "I need your driver's license."
I reach into my purse and grab my wallet. I take out my ID and hand it to him. A man in a security uniform takes both IDs and checks a list. When we pull through the gate, Nixon parks the truck and I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door. I hop down as Nixon walks to the door.
"I would have helped you." He states.
I shrug. "I don't need help." I reply, and start walking to the doors. I feel him follow closely behind me. I get a visitor's pass and I follow him to the underground floor. He opens the door to a huge gym with tons of exercising equipment and mats. I look around and there are probably more than thirty guys and a few women working out. I don't see Amber anywhere, that little bitch is skipping out on me!
"We're going to start with stretches." He says, pointing.
We make our way over, once to a the mat I bend over and gather my hair together. When I have all of it I stand up and use the elastic band on my wrist to put it up in a pony tail. I look up to him when I'm done.
"Okay, what do I do?"
He continues to look at me. Finally, he shakes his head and we go through some stretches. Next, we do free weights and he watches, pointing out what I'm doing wrong and fixing my form. He makes me work out on a couple machines for my legs and shoulders. I'm tired and sweating when we get to the treadmills. He starts me at a slow pace and then speeds it up after ten minutes. Ten minutes later he lets me quit and I climb off the treadmill and lay on the floor trying to catch my breath.
"You almost killed me." I accuse, breathless.
"You need to build up your stamina. You'll never be able to keep up with me."
"I don't need to keep up with you." I argue.
"I disagree." He states, holding out his hand. He pulls me up and I bump into his chest, freaking hard as a rock.
"Maybe you should work out some more, you're feeling a little squishy." I say, rubbing my nose.
"You're not going to get to me you know." He states firmly. Giving me his signature grin. I bet that grin drops a lot of panties.
"I'm still going to try." I warn. "Where is Amber? I can't believe she gets to wash out but I can't."
"I'll call her. I didn't think of it earlier." He takes out his phone and places the call, I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see a beautiful man.
"Yeah?" I question.
"I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Justin Trenner."
"Emery Kahn." I reply, holding out my hand.
"Nice to meet you. Are you done working out today?"
"God, I hope so."
He laughs. "I was wondering if you'd like to get a drink sometime?"
He's definitely pretty. He has dark brown hair, ice blue eyes and soft features, I think he's the prettiest man I've ever seen. Not really interested, I look over at a scowling Nixon.
"Sorry, I have a boyfriend." I lie, gesturing to Nixon.
Nixon doesn't disappoint and steps close pulling me to his side. "Get the fuck out of here." He demands.
"Oh, sorry. I thought you were just training her." He apologizes.
"And I thought I told you to leave." Jeez, does he have to be a jerk about it?
"Calm down." I order, hitting his arm lightly.
He looks at me and grabs my jaw, kissing me roughly. I'm too shocked to do anything. When he pulls away, I look away from him. "Was that completely necessary?" I ask, watching Justin walk away.
"No, I just really wanted to do it. However, the guys here will stay away from you now." He takes my hand in his and we leave the gym, walking to the front doors.
"Where's Amber?"
"She'll start tomorrow, her job needed more notice." Of course they did. However, she works for my dad. What the hell is going on here?
"I'm too tried to care at this point, but something doesn't add up. She works for my dad, he could have easily made her leave just like he did me." I think aloud.
He shrugs, "Obviously, she did something right to make him keep her on an extra day."
"Whatever, feed me." I demand.