Ch. 31

Nixon looks at me, blinks once and takes my hand rushing us out of the hospital. I giggle when we get to the truck and he basically throws me inside. He gets in and starts the engine, backing out of the parking spot.

"Put your seat belt on." I scold.

He puts it on and within ten minutes we're home. I get out and remember Anthony standing on the porch. No, I won't let him ruin a second of my life. He is nothing and will not have any bearing on my life.

Nixon's hand lifts my chin to his face. "Don't think about him, he doesn't deserve it."

"I was just thinking that." I mutter.

He leans forward and licks my lips once and I part mine automatically. His lips are firm and his mouth is hot, getting me to respond instantly. Arms wrap around my waist and picking me up, he carries me inside. I wrap my arms around his neck as our kiss turns even more carnal. I suck on his tongue earning a moan as the front door shuts behind us and my back hits the sofa. He stands up, stripping as quickly as he can and he unabashedly smiles at me. He starts lowering my pants and pulls them off as I lean up and take my shirt off. His fingers trace the edge of my red underwear. His eyes locked on mine as he slowly lowers them past my thighs and down my legs. His fingers caressing and teasing.

He pushes my knee and turns me so I'm sitting up on the sofa. He gets down on his knees and hooks my legs over his shoulders, pulling me towards him. I moan loudly when I feel his breath on the inside of my thigh. He kisses the sensitive flesh softly working his way up to my center and stops short. "Nixon." I warn as he starts the same thing on the other side.

When he's done, I'm panting and ready for him. His head dips down again, this time he gives me exactly what I want. My hips lift as his tongue makes love to me. I feel the pleasure he's giving me all the way to my toes. He drops my legs from his shoulders as he kisses up my stomach. His arms go around my back, unhooking my bra and pulling it off. He cups my bottom, lifting me up and sits down where I was with me straddling his lap. He lifts my butt up so that I'm leaning forward on my knees. I feel him positioning himself against me and he lowers me down on him. We both moan as he slowly fills me, inch by inch.

We indulge in each other for the rest of the night. When it's time for bed, Nixon orders me to the shower while he strips the bed and puts on clean sheets.

I finish in the bathroom and walk into a different room. The bed is against the wall directly across from the bathroom door and the dresser is moved where the bed used to be. I feel tears welling in my eyes and blink them away.

"I love you." I tell him, my voice heavy with emotion.

He waves me toward him and I comply, feeling completely blessed to even know such a great man. He lifts the covers and I slide in facing him. He moves my hips to his with his strong hands. "I love you, too." He replies seriously caressing my back.

"Thank you for everything you're doing." I say sincerely.

"You're welcome, princess."

*************

Waking up early, we get dressed and head back to the hospital, bringing donuts and coffee. We knock on the door of the hospital room my dad is in and I peek inside. Mom is on the phone and dad is watching the news.

"Donuts?" He asks eyeing the pink box.

"Yep." I open the box and take out a bran muffin and hand it to him.

"That is the meanest thing you've ever done to me." He states faking hurt.

I roll my eyes and pass him a raspberry filled jelly donut, his favorite. He winks at me and shoves it in his mouth before mom can snatch it away from him.

Mom narrows her eyes and points at the two of us. "No more." She orders in her no nonsense voice.

"He took it right out of my hand!" I yell defensively. "All I did was pull it out like this." I show her, knowing what's going to happen next. As expected, dad grabs the glazed perfection and finishes it in two quick bites. "See?" I ask completely innocent.

Mom moves the donuts to her lap and dad raises his hand. I give him a high five. "How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Good, I want to get out of here as soon as possible." He replies just as there's a knock on the door.

Nixon opens the door and a tall black haired nurse with blood red lips comes in to check dad's IV and vitals. Well, that was what she was supposed to be doing but her eyes keep going back to Nixon. I roll my eyes and mom laughs.

"When is my dad being discharged?" I ask politely.

"After the doctor sees him one last time. Then it will take a few hours for paper work and he can go home after that."

"That's great. See, you'll get out of here today." I say excited for him.

"Let me know if you need anything. Anything at all." The nurse says again looking at Nixon.

I snort. "Don't get too excited. This one's gay." I say using my thumb and point behind me at Nixon.

He chuckles. "My future wife would be shocked." He replies seriously, hooking his finger in my belt loop and pulling me into his arms. I laugh as he buries his head in my neck and hair. The woman leaves with a slightly red face.

"I had to be gay? I couldn't have been your fiancé?" Nixon asks.

"Where's the fun in that?" I reply.

Dad and I laugh while mom and Nixon shake their heads. The door opens and Jackson, whose shoulder is still in a sling, Bridget, Harris and Mark come through the door.

Bridget glares at Nixon who isn't fazed, but she's starting to piss me off. I raise my eyebrow at her and she lowers her eyes. It was just as much Jackson's fault as it was Nixon's.

"So, no one calls me anymore? What the hell? I had to find out from Harris this morning." Mark asks calmly. I can tell he's hurt and angry with us.

"Sorry." I apologize and everyone else apologizes too.

"Why didn't anyone call me?" He asks again.

"Because it's Emmy's job." Jackson states.

"Oh, way to throw me under the bus, asshat. Why is it my job?"

"It's true. You would have called him if your head wasn't so far up Nixon's ass." Harris interjects.

"My head isn't up anyone’s ass. Thank you very much. I'm not the one who usually calls him anyway, Amber is." I point out.

"Come to think of it, I haven't heard from her for a couple of days." Mark says just now noticing.

I roll my eyes. "Well, she's probably sick and tired of following you around. Maybe she found someone who isn't stupid enough not to love her back." I shout.

"It's not my fault I’m in love with you and not her!" He yells back.

I hear dad start laughing and we stop arguing, he throws back his head laughing even louder. When he finally stops he looks around. "Well, it's good to have the family all here. Stop bickering, you two. Mark, you need to move on. Emmy, your head is most certainly up Nixon's ass. Harris, stay out of it, what happened between Jackson and Nixon is over. We're a family, all of us. It won't happen again, Mark. Now, everyone apologize." He orders.

Everyone murmurs apologies and mom passes the box of donuts around.