Ch. 11

"I'm not leaving until I see this." Harris states smirking.
"Idiot." I mutter, playing with my food.
"So, what did you do in the Green Berets?" Harris asks Nixon. He ignores him and keeps eating. "Okay, how long were you away?"
Nixon doesn't respond and I snap. "Ten years and who the hell cares what he did, shut up Harris."
"Someone's here." Nixon says, still staying seated.
"It's Jackson he texted me a couple of minutes ago." Bridget explains. Nixon sits back down.
"Why do you keep blushing?" I ask, Bridget irritated. Every time Nixon talks or she glances at him she blushes.
She gets redder, "I'm not."
"Yes you are." I accuse.
"They stood at your door earlier." Nixon reveals.
"Perverts." I scold.
"Amber made me!" She yells.
"Amber made you do what?" Jackson asks, coming in the room.
"Oh, this is going to be so good." Harris adds, excitedly.
"Why? What did she do?" Jackson nods towards Amber amused.
"She was listening at Em's door and made Bridge do it too." Harris answers.
"So?"
"So, Em wasn't alone." He states, dryly. I knew he was taking the fact that I was alone with Nixon a little too well. He was waiting for back up.
"What the fuck are you saying?" Jackson questions, reminding me of my dad's calm voice, the one you can never trust.
"Don't make me explain it to you." Harris replies, shuttering.
I stand up. "You're dead. I will make your life a living hell, Betsy is going to be considered light punishment." I sneer at Harris. Out of both boys Jackson is a smidgen more protective then Harris. This is going to be very bad, stupid brothers.
Harris looks at me, "Sorry, but this," He points at Nixon and I. "has to stop. I won't tell dad, that's all your going to get from me." He offers.
"Screw that! Them, together? Dad needs to know!" Jackson yells, taking out his phone.
"Jackson, I swear if you make that call I'm moving out." Bridget threatens.
"It's my sister, Bridge. I'm calling."
"It's my life! Hang up now!" I scream, panicking over him telling my father.
"Yeah, man hang up." Harris seconds. This gets Jackson's attention. "It could be worse. Mark got dads permission to ask Em out."
"Mark! He's like her fucking brother!" Jackson shouts, disgusted.
"That's what I said!" I agree, glad to have someone on my side.
"He is not, come on! Everyone knows how much he cares about, Emmy. He's never thought of her as a sister and you guys know it." Amber says, angrily. She had always been close with Mark, she always thought they would end up together. I can't believe I didn't think of how much this could hurt her. To hear he wants to date me and not her, thats messed up.
Ignoring Amber, Jackson and Harris look at each other. They've always had a weird way of communicating. "Alright, end it and we won't tell dad. I'm assuming you don't want to date Mark so that's a relief." Jackson states.
"She can date who ever she wants, she's twenty three. You two get to date whoever you want. You both can show her the same courtesy." Bridget says, coming to my defense.
"Thank you." I reply, quietly.
"You're welcome." She mutters back. Still glaring at Harris and Jackson, she's definitely not happy.
"I guess if I had to choose between Mark or Nixon, I'd choose Nixon. I mean think of the ass he could send my way." Harris remarks, happily.
"No, it's not going to happen, neither of them are good enough. Stay away from my sister." Jackson orders.
He shakes his head. "No." Nixon responds.
I cringe shit! This is not good at all. I see how tense Jackson is, which I know Harris is now mimicking. "Yes." Jackson corrects.
Nixon's face is hard but his eyes are calm. He really isn't fazed at all by my brothers. He looks more intimidating sitting by himself then both my brothers combined. I can see Jackson's unease and I break the tension.
"Enough, I don't want to talk about this anymore." I interrupt, rubbing my temples. I'm really getting a migraine from these idiots.
"So, you're going to stop seeing him then?" Jackson asks.
"No, she's not going to stop seeing me. She's old enough to make her own decisions. Stay out of it, kid." Nixon orders, his face taking on a whole new look. This is what a really pissed off Nixon looks like. I can see the calm exterior, but his eyes are burning with anger.
"Relax, Nixon. He's just trying to irritate me.
"He overshot his target." He replies, his voice even deeper.
"I gathered that much. Just leave it alone." I demand, tiredly.
The doorbell rings and we all moan except for Jackson. "What? Who is it?" he asks.
"Mark." Harris replies, smirking. "I bet money Nixon loses his temper and kills Mark, or you within Fifteen minutes." Harris comments, amused. I groan again, as Amber goes to answer the door.
"Don't lose your temper." I warn Nixon.
"I'm going to beat the shit out of, Mark. So, I guess I'm doing you a favor." Jackson says, to Nixon begrudgingly.
When Amber comes back with Mark he looks around the room curiously. I watch him, he is a very handsome guy. He looks exactly like his dad, uncle Alex. He's twenty two has dirty blonde hair blue green eyes, a square jaw, dimple chin and when he smiles he has most adorable dimples on his cheeks and an amazing body.
"You have a death wish if you think you can ask out, Em." Jackson states, seriously.
"Jesus, that's why you're all here?" he asks, amused.
"The main reason." Jackson states.
"Dude, she's twenty three, I think it's time to step back now. Besides I've talked to your dad, he's okay with it."
"Well, I'm not okay with it and either is Harris."
"And she's seeing someone." Nixon remarks.
I cover my eyes I can't handle these testosterone filled apes. I think I am growing a tumor. Yep I feel it.
"Then she'll stop seeing him." Mark tells Nixon coldly.
"Excuse me? Let me get this over with. Mark, you know I don't think of you like that, you're like a brother to me." He visually flinches. "Plus, I think you and Amber should be together." I add, looking at Amber. Who is obviously disappointed.
"Is that why? Because of Amber? She knows I'm only interested in you, so you don't have to worry about that."
"Mark that's not the only reason." I state, with difficulty. I really don't want to hurt him.
"She's with me." Nixon's voice growls out. I really think he may be a large primate the way his voice rumbles at times, I swear can feel it throughout my body.
"Thank you, Nixon." I say, sarcastically.
He grins, "No problem, princess."
"So, you're okay with this guy dating Emmy? He looks like he could crush her." Mark says, outraged
"This is my decision! Are you guys stupid? Or are you trying to sound like chauvinistic pigs?" I ask. I know Nixon is grinning again. The other boys ignore me as usual.
"We're not happy she's with him either, we're going to put a stop to that too." Jackson answers, Mark.
Mark looks relieved, I've had enough. At this point I don't even care if they tell my dad. I just want them all to leave. Nixon stands up and his holds out his hand to me. "You're tired, go to bed and I'll kick them all out." He says, softly. Well, as softly as Nixon can sound. I nod, just as I walk past Nixon stops me, kissing me lightly on the lips. I hear Mark yell, "You guys aren't going to do anything about that?" He asks, outraged.
Harris scoffs, "Not without guns and an army of guys."
I walk to my room my body dragging. I shut the door and fall onto my bed.