Ch. 30

• Dedicated to All my loyal readers

"What do you mean, you can't charge him?" Dad questions, the detective behind the desk. I see the man flinch when Nixon stands up.

"Mr. Day says, they had a relationship and Mr. Ross caught them together and beat him up." He replies.

"We didn't have any kind of a relationship." I argue.

"Ma'am, he has a key to your home and we looked at the records. You order pizza almost every week. He stated that's when you would be together. That you are lying about the two of you so your fiancee doesn't leave you."

I'm so shocked I can't even respond. "I never gave him a key and I certainly didn't sleep with him. I like pizza that's all! He forced himself on me. Why would I file a break in complaint if I knew who took my things?"

"It's your word against his. There so bruising on you, he didn't force himself in and no sign of a struggle. I can't do anything."

"What about a restraining order?" Dad asks, competely disgusted with the detective.

"If that's what Ms. Kahn wants. Although, we don't really have a reason."

"I don't want him in my life or house, for that matter. I want the key he managed to get and I want that restraining order." I demand.

Finally, after an a hour we get the paper work filed and my key back. I have no idea how he got It on the first place. The fact that he's been in my home without me knowing, gives my the creeps.

I know my dad is irate and with his blood pressure he doesn't need to be worrying about this. I hug and kiss dad goodbye and get in the truck. "Let's go over to my parents house for a little while. I want to spend time with dad he looks so stressed."

We start following dad's black sports car and I call my mom. "Hello?"

"Mom it's me. There not charging Anthony with anything."

"What? Why wouldn't they?"

"It's his word against mine and he told them we were a couple and I was keeping my affair from Nixon." I explain.

"You're kidding!"

"Nope. Dad looks stressed, we're following him to your house right now. Maybe we should have a family-"

"Shit!" Nixon yells. I drop the phone seeing my dad's car hit a tree at thirty miles an hour. The sound is deafening, I feel like being sick.

"Daddy!" I yell, crying hysterically. Nixon pulls off to the side of the road and I open my door running to the smashed car. Nixon beats me. He manages to get the door open and turn off the engine. I try seeing past him to get a glimpse of my dad, but I can't. Seconds later Nixon turns towards a man coming to help.

"I called 911." The man shouts.

"Nixon, move." I order, trying to push him out of the way. He won't move.

"He's in bad shape princess, you don't want to see him. Just wait for the ambulance." He replies, calmly. I hear my dad groan and finally fight past Nixon. There's blood above his right eye, "Oh God, daddy can you hear me?" I shout.

He opens he's eyes. "Yeah, Emmy you're yelling." I sigh in relief.

"What hurts the most?" Nixon asks.

"My head and leg."

"What happened?" I question.

"No breaks." He answers, cringing from the pain. "Call your mom. Tell her I'm okay." He orders.

I run back to the truck funding my phone on the floor board with my mom shouting. I can hear her hysterically crying. "Mom, dad's fine. He just got in an accident, but he's talking he told me to tell you he was okay."

"I'm headed to the hospital right now." She says, breathless.

"Okay, we'll meet you up there. Love you."

"Love you too, baby. Tell your dad I love him and I'm waiting for him."

I walk back to dad as the ambulance pulls up and the paramedics get out. I hear more sirens and the cops and a fire truck pull up.  Nixon, talks to the cops while the paramedics gently get dad out of the car. He leads on a parametric limping but standing on his own for the most part. My relief must show on my face because he smiles at me. "Did you call your mom?"

"Yep, she's meeting you at the hospital. She told me to tell you, that she loves you and she's waiting for you." I smile back following him to the ambulance. "Can I ride with him?"I ask.

"Yes, ma'am." I hop in and sit out of the way.

I look at my dad wince as they touch his ribs. Not being able to hold it together, my tears start to fall. I keep thinking about losing him before I was married or had kids, it would devastate our family.

"Emmy, I'm fine. Stop crying."

"I'm getting married as soon as you can walk comfortably. Then I'm getting pregnant and naming my son after you." I say, blubbering. He laughs.

The doors open and a man helps me down. They take dad in on the stretcher. I watch them roll him down the hall and walk after him. A nurse intercepts me, taking me to a waiting room where the whole family is waiting. "He's fine." I announce, going to Nixon's side. "Sorry, I kind of forgot about you didn't I?"

He kisses me. "It's understandable."

Two hours later they let us go back to see him. Mom follows the nurse so close, I think she's about to jump on her back. I see dad laying in bed with his leg in a sling and the cut above his eye stitched up. Mom pulls him to her crushing him. "Mom, his ribs!"

"It's fine." Dad responds, hugging her back.

"You're never leaving the house again." Mom scolds crying. There's a knock on the door and a young handsome doctor comes in.

"Hello, family." He looks and smiling. "I'm Dr. Hudson, I'm assigned to your father's case."

"What the extent of his injuries?" I ask, worried.

"He had a broken ankle, three bruised ribs and fifty stitches above his right eye. MRI came back clean, he has no head trauma. We're keeping him over night, just as a precaution." The collective sign from all of us make the Doctor chuckle. "You are a lucky man, to be so loved. How is your pain level?"

"Not bad."

"Good. Let the nurse know when your feeling pain and she'll give you another dose."

"Thank you." Mom, says to the doctor as he leaves.

After visiting for a couple hours everyone goes home. Nixon is picking up clothes for both of them and dinner. I watch my mom fret over dad, he soaks it all up, making me smile. I always wanted a love like they share, I'm so lucky I found it.

Nixon comes in with subs, drinks, chips and a duffel bag of clothes. Just the sight of him makes me want to curl up in his arms. After promising to come back early the next morning we leave.

"I love you." I say, snuggling into his big arm.

"Love you more, princess."

"I want to get married as soon as dad can walk."

He stops walking. "Really?"

"I'm not done. I want to make a baby tonight, too." his eyebrows shoot up to his hair line.

There!!! May the hate mail stop! :)