Ch. 28

Nixon's POV

I call Maddox as soon as Emery leaves. "Do you have anyone following them?"

"Of course. I'm right behind them."

"I'll meet up with you. I'm on my way."

I run to my truck and start out pulling out and heading to the mall. I know if Emery finds out about this she'll be pissed, but what does she expect? I can't sit here while she's out possibly being followed by some sicko.

I don't catch up to them, but park at the mall and call Maddox. "Where are you?"

"Victoria's Secret. They just went in the store."

"I'll be there in a minute." I hang up and go in the building finding the floor map. I find what I'm looking for and head there. I see Maddox off to the side standing by a toy display. I motion for him to come inside the store right next to the one they're in. Its a sport authority, so he doesn't look so glaringly obvious. "We'll watch from here. You look a little too old to be looking at toys."

"Thanks." He scoffs.

"Did you see any tails?" I ask picking up a pair of shoes and watching the front of the store.

"Nothing." He answers. I continue to look around while keeping an eye on the passing people. I watch for any indication that someone other then us is looking or hanging around the front of the store.

"They better not catch us, I'm already in the dog house."

I smirk. "What did you do?"

"Nothing. Well, I may have told Hadley she was being careless with my daughter and I might have yelled a bit."

"God, I don't know what I'd do if I had a daughter." I admit, knowing it could happen. I feel my blood start pumping, I think I'd be scared shitless.

"You'll love it until the boys start sniffing around." He replies, distastefully.

"She better not even look at boys until she's thirty." I grumble. I hear Maddox laugh and chose to ignore him. "How long does it take to buy underwear?"

"Hours." Maddox replies, sighing.

Emery's POV

"Finally! I think I should be yelling, 'FREEDOM!' like Mel Gibson from brave heart." I say, getting into the car.

"Where to first?" Mom asks.

"Just go to the mall. We'll figure it out from there." I answer.

We park and walk into the mall, I cant help but feel like I'm being followed. Thanks a lot Nixon. Its his fault, he made me paranoid.

Walking into Victoria's Secret I pick up a basket and start loading it with different styles of underwear. I check out a couple sexy outfits for Nixon's benefit obviously. I decide to try on five outfits because I couldn't decide and I got talked into buying all of them.

"Nixon is going to go crazy seeing you in those."

"He doesn't need to go anymore crazy trust me. He's already painting a nursery for our unborn children."

"He is!" my mom and aunt say excitedly.

I nod. "Yep, apparently he wants a hole herd of kids. Your going to be a very busy grandma."

"Are you pregnant?"

"No, I'm not pregnant." I scoff when I see there sad faces. "We're not even married yet!"

"I wasn't married when I got pregnant with you." Mom points out.

"I would rather be married that's all." I state, not caring at all that I was out of wedlock.