Ch. 16

I don't know how I want to dress for tonight. Nixon told me dinner and the beach, but dinner where? I guess a little black dress is always the way to go in these situations, but Bridget is borrowing it. I have more, but I want a show stopper dress. I see a tight white summer dress, I've only worn it once before because I didn't like the attention it got me. "I won't have to worry about that with Nixon around." I say, aloud.
I take the dress out and lay out on my bed. I walk to the vanity and sit down. I start putting on my make up, careful to not over do it. I plug my curling iron in and do my hair in soft waves. Taking off my black yoga pants and shirt I slide the white dress over my white lace bra and panties. Sliding my feet into white strapy wedge heels, I look in the mirror. This is perfect, Nixon will love it.
I look at the time it's 5:30 exactly and I hear a knock at my door. I smile, right on time. I open the door and I'm surprised to see Mark standing in front of me. He looks me up and down smiling, then his smile drops.
"You're going out with him aren't you?" He asks, sadly.
"Yeah, that's the plan." I admit, honestly. Why does to it have to feel so awkward?
"You look very beautiful." He states. "Since you're going out with him tonight, I was thinking maybe we can go out tomorrow?"
"I don't know Mark, he's kinda possessive. I don't want to lead you on, either."
"Give me a chance, Emmy. I know you're not leading me on, but I still want you to give me a shot."
I can't say no to him, he just looks so desperate. It's not an endearing quality, but Mark wears it well. The guy is a famous baseball player, every girl wants him. He must have feelings for me if he's here begging for a date. Mark has never begged for anything his whole life. Ever since I've known him, Mark has worked hard for things, harder then others. One thing I know for a fact is that he is tenacious and goes after what he wants head on. It's a little off putting that I'm something he wants. I've never seen him fail at anything before, I honestly doubt he knows how to.
"Okay, Mark. I'll go on a date with you, but your going to get a lot of shit from Nixon and my brothers."
"I know, I don't care." He replies, happily.
I check the time on my phone again, it's 5:35. Where's Nixon? He doesn't seem like the type to be late to anything.
"He's running late, huh?" he asks, smirking. "That's a big strike against him, right."
I smile reluctantly, "Yes, that's a strike against him."
"He should have called you if he was going to be late."
I roll my eyes, "Yes, Mark he should have called."
"Not very good boyfriend or dating material, if you ask me." He smirks.
I laugh, "I didn't ask you."
"Well if you did. I'd tell you that you deserve better." He says, smiling out right.
I push him out of the doorway laughing. He puts his arm around my shoulders, "So, since he's not here and you're looking so nice, we should go out tonight."
"I'll give him until six." I reply, looking at my phone. 5:4o, where is he?
We get downstairs and I walk into the living room. Nixon is sitting on the couch, in a charcoal grey suit, black dress shirt, no tie. He looks good enough to eat.
"Why didn't you come get me?" I ask.
"I didn't want to rush you."
"Oh, I'm ready." I say.
He stands up, "Get your arm off of her." Nixon orders.
"No, I don't think will." Mark replies.
"Really, do we have to do this?" I take Mark's arm off of my shoulders and grab Nixon's hand. "Let's go, I'm hungry."
"See you tomorrow, Emmy."
I cringe, knowing I'm going to have to explain to Nixon I have a date with Mark tomorrow. "What is he talking about?" Nixon asks when we're out of the door.
"I agreed to go on a date with him tomorrow."
Nixon stops walking and I look back. "Cancel it." He demands.
"No." I reply, crossing my arms. Wow, this date is going great so far.
"Go back in there and say, you've changed your mind." His anger is evident, but my temper is about to blow.
"What part of no, didn't you get? I'm not canceling." I state.
"So, that's what this is? We are both free to date whoever we want?"
"You can do whatever you choose. I won't stop you."
"What I want is to take you over my knee and spank that perfect little ass."
Just like that, he tone flips and his eyes are liquid fire, turning me on. He walks closer to me and cups my face with his hand, "I won't share you."
"I didn't ask you too."
"You will cancel that date."
"Why, do you even care? It's one date and technically, were not officially together."
"Really, and what would make it official?"
I think about it. "When we sleep together."
"Well, that's already happened."
"You know I didn't really mean 'sleep'.
He growls, "If you're going out with him tomorrow. You don't have to bother going out with me tonight."
"Fine." I nod and turn around. He stops me before I get to the door.