34

My head hurt badly like a hangover. I couldn't move either. I felt trapped. What happened? I remember silver hair, the smell of water and a slight sting in my body. Pietro, the sea, tranqed.
Slowly opening my eyes I had to blink several times to get my vision back. It was dark, but I could see some things. The rest of the sirens were in the same position as me. Hungover and unable to move. Placing my head backwards, I felt something hit my head. It wasn't wood, it was metal. There wasn't a smell to the room, just no smell, just cold and dark. Moving my hands slightly, I figured out why I couldn't move. I was tied up. We all were. Drugged and tied up.
They were gonna pay.
The bright lights suddenly turned on. It felt like that moment when you turn your phone on in the night and are blinded by the light.
I had to squint, and then attempt to open my eyes. Once I blinked several times again, I looked to my side seeing the Avengers walking in.
They were gonna pay.
I glared at them, letting them know, I was pissed. They messed with the wrong siren.
"Now before you say anything-" Steve was about to speak, but instead I decided to take control
"I knew we couldn't trust you, I can never trust you, any of you" I glanced at Pietro and looked down.
"You were attacking us, we had to defend ourselves" Steve explained "I was put under a spell"
"Actually, Oceania put you under the spell, she was going to kill you, we were going towards you to stop her. Not kill you. Oceania can be a little-"
"Dangerous?" Tasha found the word for it. I nodded.
"We just wanted to talk Lexi, that is all"
"So, you thought that arriving on by the island by boat, is a good idea? The island being protected by Sirens?" she asked.
"We didn't exactly think that through, we were desperate" Sam butted in.
"Desperate enough to break the trust again" I rolled my eyes
"We needed answers Lexi" Pietro spoke up
"This isn't the way to get answer's, Pietro" I said his name popping the p.
"You said it wasn't us, who was it then?" Steve asked.
"What other evidence is on the bodies? You said two holes for the fangs, anything else?" I asked. I needed to break down the suspects.
"Er, leaches, found in the body, which is a little strange since they aren't exactly found in the sea" Steve explained.
"Mexico. The Mexico sirens. They like to use leeches, and are a little more violent. I think it is the hot sauce" I joked at them smirking.
"Mexico Sirens? Okay, so we need to have a little word with them" Sam spoke up. I felt like he felt like he couldn't speak around me.
"And having words in Avengers meaning is putting them down. They are killers, a threat, you want to put them down. That's fine with me. So, we will help you, we need to draw them out. They don't exactly like us, and they want to kill us, take control. It's the hot sauce." I joked "You can come in on a quin jet, but make it invisible, me and the rest of the pod will swim through the sea, catch their attention. And then we get rid of them"
"Sounds good enough to me" Steve nodded.
"Just two things. One, remove the cuffs, two, don't shoot my pod, or you will regret it" I warned him. We lost one siren, we weren't doing it again.
The quin jet was steady over the water. Many feet from the surface, we couldn't let the sirens knew we jumped from mid air. We would dive in, swim towards the island, swim around it, catch their attention, and get rid of them. Simple. Hopefully. They knew why we would be here. They tried to frame us. Now we are getting rid of them.
"Are you sure it's safe to jump from his height?!" Sam shouted over the sound of the jet. I raised my eyebrow and laughed.
"You know nothing about Sirens do you?" I asked him. Walking to the door of the jet, the pod stood together since it was a small jet. As the doors opened the salt wind burst into our faces. I felt a hand on my arm.
"Be careful" I turned my head seeing the silver haired boy, who I used to love. I removed my arm and looked at the door as it finished opening.
"Let's go!" I shouted. We ran off the jet door and dived in mid air. The faint noises of splashes could be heard from the jet.
As soon as I was underwater, I waited for all of the pod to be in the sea. Once everyone was in. I gave them a nod. Time to swim.
I started swimming towards the island. I could see some of my pod, and then a glimpse of an orange tail. They knew we were here.
I smirked to myself and continued to swim. I then decided to cast away on the island, they were very protective of it, it would catch their attention.
Placing my feet on the yellow sand, I looked on the island. Empty. They knew we were coming. This was their trap. But we had our own trap.
"It's a shame we can't meet on another subject Lexi" I turned around seeing Marina. Midnight black hair, and olive toned skin. Her brown eyes staring directly at mine.
"It's a shame we can't speak like ladies, but you and your pod are not capable of doing that. What's in the hot sauce?" I smirked joking. Marina started walking around me.
"Did you like our little presents?"
"You mean the dead men with leeches attached to them? A nice touch, but there is a problem"
"And what is that exactly?"
"Framing us would get you nowhere. You think you can frame us, get us in trouble and don't expect a fight?"
She laughed and ran her hands through her hair.
"A fight? With your pod?! You must be having the hot sauce, or is the salt water getting to your brain? You want a fight? You and who's army?"
I smirked at her and put my arm out. My pod dipped their heads out from under the water, and the quin jet become visible.
"That is my army" I smirked. Marina widened her eyes. She let out a scream. Time to fight. I turned my head to the sea seeing a lot of splashing from the sirens. The quin jet would only shoot if they got a clear shot, but it seemed they had been getting clear shots. The machine gun was already firing at the water, and the water was already turning bloody.
A large blast caused me to smash into a palm tree. I groaned and slowly sat up.
"Okay, that's how you want to play? Suit yourself" I smirked and built up all the energy on me, blasting it towards her. Making her whack into some rocks.
"Whoops" I smirked at her. She then glanced at water, and made some hand gestures. She was turning it onto a large snake.
I wasn't expecting that. But she wasn't expecting this either. I looked at my wrist and the triangle symbol marked on my skin. Blowing on the triangle, I pointed my wrist towards the water snake. She had her animal, I had mine. My fire dragon. As it appeared, it looked at me. I then looked at the snake.
"Dracarys" I told it. As it made a loud screech, it blasted some fire before attacking the water snake. Turning it to steam.
"Did you really think your water snake could beat my fire dragon, come on" Marina widened her eyes.
"That's impossible! Water turns fire into ash! Not the other way round!" She shouted as she stood up.
"Fire turns water into steam Marina. And I am not just a siren. I am an element. And you messed with the wrong one" I told her before running after her.
As we both ran towards each other, I jumped up, kicking her in the chest, sending her backwards into the rocks.
"Stay down dog" I said. Looking at the water, it was still bloody. Marina's sirens were losing. I smirked and looked up at the jet and frowned seeing someone appear behind Pietro. Another siren.
"Pietro!" I shouted loud enough. I saw Pietro turn around, but he was grabbed and dragged out of the jet and into the water.
I decided to show them I wasn't the enemy. Running off the island and into the sea, I started swimming towards the Siren dragging Pietro to the bottom of the ocean. She was a faster swimmer. I put my hand out, using my telekinesis, I grabbed her tail, then with my other hand, I started making a hand gesture, from a palm to a fist, burning her tail. She let out loud screeches before swimming away. I quickly swam over to Pietro. He wouldn't make it out of the water, he was running out of oxygen. Grabbing his shoulder, I kissed him quickly and hard. I felt the spark between us, goosebumps appearing on my skin.
No matter how much I hated what happened between us.
I still loved him.
He placed his hands on my cheek, kissing me more. He then pulled away frowning. He was confused. Grabbing his hand, we started swimming to the surface of the water.
Once our heads popped out of the water, he looked at me.
"Why didn't I drown?" He asked quickly.
"Because if a siren kisses you, you will not be harmed by other sirens. You can't drown. Basically you are like me. Able to hold your breath for as long as you want" I explained.
"You saved me Lexi, why?" He moved his wet hair out of his face.
"Even though we have been through a lot, I still love you Pietro. You may not love me, but-" Pietro cut me off, by kissing me hard. He then pulled away shortly after.
"You know I love you Lexi. I proposed to you for a reason" He explained. I looked down feeling guilty. "I kept the ring Lexi. If you still want to be together and have a future together, come back with me. Do you really want to live like this? In the water for all your life? No man in your life? No future. Just swimming the same coral reef every day? You may of been turned into a siren, but you don't have to live like one. Being with us, it's your life. Look how much drama you get being a siren. Wanting to kill men on a full moon, holding your breath, sushi for food every day. You aren't supposed to be here Lexi. Being with the Avengers is your life. You always said to me, being a leader isn't what you want, but you are a leader of a pod, their lives in the palm of your hands. This isn't supposed to be your life, Lexi"
We all stood on the quin jet, over the island of my pod. Ready to go home. As the hatch opened, I stood put, beside Pietro holding his hand. Pearl turned around and frowned.
"Aren't you coming Lexi?" I sighed at Pearl shaking my head.
"This isn't my life, I don't want this life. This life I have with the team has always been my life and always will be, no matter the issues. I was turned into a siren, but I am not made for the sea. Swimming around the same coral reef, collecting pearls, eating sushi everyday isn't what I want for my life. Having an urge to kill a man on a full moon, isn't what I want. Being here with the one man who is my future is my life" I explained turning my head to Pietro.
"But you broke up" Pearl was confused.
"Yes. But I realised, I am always going to love him, no matter what happens. We will just take things slower, fix our relationship. Build the trust"
"Okay, what about the pod Lexi?"
"You are now the leader of the pod Pearl. You show courage and bravery and you would do anything for the pod and your sister. That is a leader. You were made a siren, you were made to be a siren. I was made as an element, turned into a siren, I wasn't made for the life of the siren" I said "You will do good, I will visit you one day" We both walked towards each other and hugged. "I believe in you Pearl" I grinned before pulling away.
As they all turned around they dived off the jet and into the sea.
Yes, I was turned into a Siren.
But being an Avenger is my life.
No matter what.