44

February.
It was half way through the month and nothing critical had happened. We usually had a large mission every month, but I guess the Agents of SHIELD, or the new superhero called Ant Man was dealing with our missions giving us a break. Scott Lang. An ex-con, but he learnt fast, and he was good. He had a fan girl moment meeting Rogers, and then tried to make a laugh out of the fact that he, managed to fight and even beat Falcon a couple months ago.
"He thought he couldn't see me, but he was able to, I was supposed to be the size of an ant, but I guess technology is advancing in glasses. It was a good fight though" Paul spoke smirking to himself.
"Yeah, it was. Next time, stay out of my suit" Sam joked.
"Have you ever thought about joining the Avengers? We could use more people. More the merrier, especially with your talents, and small creatures" I told him.
"Maybe, see what the boss says. But if you ever need an extra body for a big fight, sign me up, they won't see what is gonna hit them, literally" Lang joked, before departing.
"Why do we need someone else on the team? I am on the team aren't I?" Katie spoke out crossing her arms.
Katie was a new member to the team. No one special. Someone from Chicago. I wanted to laugh at her small comment. Her on the team? She is an agent, not an Avenger.
"Because Katie you are not an Avenger, our training to be a SHIELD agent" I told her shaking my head.
"Romanoff was a SHIELD agents, and now Avengers, they are always saying that if they had to remove someone it would be you" She smirked.
That. Was. It. Prepare for Volcano Lexi.
"What the hell is your problem Katie?" I asked her "I have done nothing to you and you are always busting my chops"
"Lexi stop" Cap spoke out.
"No. I want to know why she has it in for me? She threatened me, hit me over the head with a metal bat, causing a huge cut in my head, she ruins my birthday, makes small comments that everyone doesn't even give a shit about" I felt my body start heating up, my eyes turning a orangey red colour.
"Lexi, calm down" Pietro spoke softly, grasping my for hand, but gasping instead. I turned to him and automatically calm down.
"I'm sorry Pietro, I never meant to do that"
"It's fine, not major" he gave me a reassuring smile.
"Told you. They all think you are a danger to everyone. It will only be time until it's the end for you" Katie stood forward, spitting venom.
She can spit venom. I can constrict.
"Be careful with what you say Katie. Because I am not afraid to get dirty"
"Enough" Cap shouted looking at us. "Lexi calm down, this isn't helping your side of the argument"
"Side? Steve she has had it in for me since the beginning"
"Did you or did you not pin her up against the wall, putting your hand around her neck?" Cap asking crossing his arms. I couldn't believe this.
"Yes. I don't want to sound like a child, but since she has been here, she has been bullying me. Words and physically, the small scar on my head will prove it. She is turning everyone against me, especially Steve" I told them all.
"Why you so worried about Steve" Sam asked. I frowned at his comment.
"What?" I asked confused "Even after the situation, we remained friends, trying to build it up again, but then Katie comes along and ruins it all. He sees me as the bad guy instead of the girl who just joined. Is she that good that you are taking her side?" I asked. Maybe that wasn't the right thing to say.
"Jealousy" Romanoff had decided to speak her trap and started getting involved. And yet, Pietro or Wanda had said nothing. But I didn't want them getting involved.
"Jealousy- Wait. You think I am jealous of Katie? Seriously?" I asked laughing. I shook my head and rubbed my face. This was becoming exhausting.
"Maybe to try and cover up your jealousy for me" Katie smirked.
"Maybe Katie is right. The only reason why you are so angry with Katie is because you are jealous" Cap spoke. I couldn't believe them.
"So you are saying I am jealous of Katie?" I asked and turned to Pietro. "Please don't say you think this is true"
"No I don't. I don't believe any of it. I have seen the way Katie has been acting. She is sneaky and manipulative. She has manipulated all of you and Lexi is getting the backlash" Pietro spoke out. I sighed in relief as he was on my side.
"I can't even read her" Wanda spoke up, her eyes glowing a deep red.
"Because I am not hiding anything" She spoke up. I turned to her. She looked worried for some reason.
"I can usually read everyone" Wanda then turned to me. "Lexi is upset that she is losing her friends, and she doesn't love my brother, there is no denying that"
"She is just thinking that to cover her feel of jealousy up" Katie was on thin ice.
"I can see inside her head, she isn't lying"
"Of course you would say that, you are on her side Wanda" Said Sam.
Katie stepped even closer to me. She really shouldn't do that.
"Deep down, we are right, you are jealous" She smirked. That was it.
I placed my hand out fast, sending a telekinetic blast, sending her flying over the sofa and crashing to the floor.
"That was a mistake" I told them, my eyes started becoming glassy. I felt weak, vulnerable. "This isn't a team. This isn't a family anymore. All because of her" I couldn't stop the tears from leaking down my face.
They had never seen my crying. This is the first time. She broke me down. Made me weak. Losing the team was one of my fears. And now I am facing a fear. I shook my head and turned around heading towards the elevator and pressed the button before anyone could stop me.
The fresh air from New York City, filled my lungs up. I could breathe. Shaking my head I started walking. I needed to cool down before I started blowing anything up.
Starbucks. I needed a Starbucks.
I stood in the cue and got a few looks. People knew who I was. Faces of fear or excitement.
"Hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows please" I placed the money down and stood to the side as I waited for my order. As I was given my order, I left the store and looked up seeing Katie standing by a car, crossing her arms.
"Please stay away from me. See, I said please. Which is kind" I told her rolling my eyes as I started walking.
"Maybe this has gotten out of hand, and I want to say sorry"
"Sorry doesn't mean crap to me Katie. Not anymore"
"Oh I wasn't saying sorry about being a bully to you" She spoke in a childish tone. "I am sorry about this" I felt my hot chocolate spill over my top as I was pushed into the alley way we came across.
How did I not see this coming?
Pain echoed through my head as I hit the ground. I sighed to myself
"I paid seven dollars for that hot chocolate" I told her before standing up. "Who are you really?" I asked her.
"Your worst nightmare" she grinned and swung for me. But before she could swing, a metal hand grabbed her hand. I sighed in relief and looked down.
"Good timing" I told him. She had the look of fear plastered on her face. "Katie, meet my new friend. The Winter Soldier, but he prefers the name Bucky" I smirked. Bucky grabbed her by the neck and swung her out of the alley way, launching her onto a car. I cringed at the sight. "She is going to have a headache" I smirked and turned to Bucky. "Thanks again. You better get out of here because the police or anyone is called. I won't mention you to Steve" He looked at me and nodded in thanks before disappearing behind me. I walked out of the alley way and noticed Katie was gone.
What the hell? I had to tell the rest of the somewhat of a team.
"Lexi. You need to be put in containment" Rogers turned his head as he held Katie up with Sam's support as I entered the tower.
"What?" I asked
"She came to say sorry but instead you beat her up" Sam spoke. Seriously? That sneaky-
"I was getting a Starbucks, she says sorry, but not for being a bully, for pushing me into the alley, the hot chocolate stain on my top is proof, plus my face is hot from the hot chocolate. Luckily she didn't burn me" I told them
"She said you launched her into a car from the alley way" Cap pointed out. I couldn't tell them it was Bucky.
"It wasn't her. She called him Bucky" Shit. I promised to cover Bucky up.
"Bucky was there?" Steve asked.
"No, I threatened her, saying if she touched me, Bucky would deal with her, we have a deal like I explained"
"So you think Pietro is weak?" Katie asked
"Of course not, it was a deal I made with him"
"I can't protect Lexi all the time. I let her go so she could calm down. I am thankful Bucky was there, because he protected the girl I love, because I let her calm down" Pietro spoke up and I felt his hands connect to mine.
"You did this to her Lexi. Put her in containment" Cap ordered.
They chose her over me.
"No. I don't need to be put in containment" I sighed wiping my eyes "Because I quit" I shook my head and turned around and started walking. I turned my head seeing their shocked faces, but none of them where stopping me. "Well done Katie, you won. All of you have. You won't have to deal with me" I said as I headed to the elevator.
"I will catch up with you in a minute Lexi" Pietro spoke.
"I am coming with you" Wanda spoke up as she walked after me. Vision carefully grabbed her arm "Like Lexi said. This isn't a team or a family anymore. Lexi and Pietro are my family" She looked into vision's computerised eyes before he let go. I got into the elevator as the magic box pinged open. Wanda joined me, and I looked at Pietro.
"Be there in a minute, just want to say something" I nodded at him and turned to Steve.
"I guess you won't be updated on Bucky anymore" I smirked, his face weakened, before the doors closed.
"She is hiding something Lexi" Wanda spoke.
"I know. And it's our job to find out and get rid of her"
"Even if it leads to a Civil War?" I turned to face my future sister in law.
"If they choose a bad guy over us. Then a Civil War it is" I told her sighing.
The sound of the zipper on my suitcase bought me to a halt. I was actually leaving. I could actually live a normal risk free life. No more missions. No more drama. No more Katie. No more team or so called family.
Wanda and Pietro were my family. I packed all of Pietro and I's things into our suitcases. I turned around and looked into the large mirror. Today will be a new me. I would prove people I am good. Not a monster.
Then the lights went out. I frowned and turned around. I walked to the door and opened it, seeing Wanda coming towards me.
"Power cut?" she asked.
"I have no idea. But it would be impossible, this is the Avengers tower, we don't run out of power" I told her. Leaving the room, I walked with Wanda through the halls.
They were empty. As we came into view of the living room, we saw silhouettes of the Avenger standing still. We both frowned until we saw the big picture.
They were watching someone.
"I have been waiting for you two" It was a male voice. One light came on, as a spotlight onto a large man, with a gun to Katie's head.
Oh please pull the trigger. I would be so sad.
The rest of them were panicked.
"Who are you?" Steve asked. The man smirked.
"Your worst nightmare" he spoke. Wait. Katie said the same thing to me before. "Let's say I am a very important man, with a very important mission" he grinned "Taking out the Avengers"
The man was hugely built. Bald and wore a light green top and camouflaged trousers. Like he was from the army.
"Someone tried that, didn't succeed, only destroyed a small city"
"My home" Wanda spoke up getting annoyed. Thought it was a small city that was hardly known, it was still somebody's home.
"But yet they still destroyed it. It became a weakness to people. Watching your home come down from the sky. Destroyed forever. Which is why I took something that means every much to two ladies in this room" I frowned at the man and looked around.
Pietro.
"Where's Pietro?" I asked them
"He said he was following you after he decided to punch me" Steve spoke. I wanted to laugh, but panic took over me.
"Here's your answer" he said and pointed to the large plasma television in the living room owned by Stark. An image blurred and then a proper picture.
"Pietro" I spoke widening my eyes. "Where is he?" I asked demanding the man, standing closer to him. He chuckled and let go of Katie and walked to the television.
"With his new team" he said. Pietro looked panicked until a lady on television touched his head. His eyes turned a grey colour and he looked blank. This wasn't happening. "He will be a good recruit, and if we somehow manage not to destroy you, then" He pointed his gun at Pietro's head through the television and pulled the trigger. The television smashed and the image disappeared. "Which is why I would advise we win, and that way, we will be much better for the public. No more Avengers messing with things they don't understand" He smirked and put his gun back in his belt. "Are you coming?" he asked.
We all frowned at him before a female voice spoke up.
"Of course" We all turned her heads to her. She straightened herself up before joining the man. As they left, Katie left her signature smirk with us.
The Avengers were shocked.
"Believe me now?" I asked them. They had no idea what to say. I shook my head and turned to the elevator for the third time today.
"Where are you going?" Cap asked as Wanda followed.
"I am going to find my fiance and Wanda's brother, without any of you. You aren't our family or our team. We are our own family and team, and we always will be" The elevator doors closed as it was now up to me and Wanda to find Pietro...