'You shot me.'

"So where exactly are we going?"

Natasha turned around, looking at Scott who was walking around the Quinjet. She pointed towards the screen, which had their destination written across it, which resulted in a nod from him.

"You don't talk much, do you Agent?"

"Don't see the need to." She sighed. "Plus I've hardly flown this thing so I have to concentrate." She muttered, then laughed when she saw his expression.

"You... You- what? You don't know how to fly this?" He began to panic slightly, gripping onto the metal pole against the wall.

"I do, I'm just saying I haven't flown one in ages." She laughed, turning her gaze back to the control panel.

"Please don't make us crash." Scott begged, which caused her to laugh again.

Silence enveloped the pair, Natasha concentrating on the controls whilst Scott walked around. Everything stayed that way until they landed, in which then she motioned for him to get changed into his suit while she disappeared around a corner, grabbing some of her weapons and hiding them on her person.

"Done!" She twisted her head, seeing Scott in his suit, to which she nodded, taking a deep breath to master her emotions before leading him inside the building.

"Sam?" She shouted, spotting the man emerging from a room once she had called for him.

The three walked inside, seeing Steve kneeling next to Bucky. She bit the inside of her cheek, trying not to call out.

"James? This is Scott and Natasha." Steve said slowly, pointing them out.

"We're not here to hurt you, alright? I'm here to get you out of the clamp." Scott explained, holding his hands up to show that he meant no harm.

Bucky nodded, watching as Scott spoke to Sam, then shrank.

"Steve? How did he do that?" Natasha heard him ask quietly, which made the other man chuckle slightly.

"I'm not su-" He started, but was cut off by Natasha's explanation.

"Pym particles. They're a group of sub-atomic particles that can change the size or mass of an object.  Or in Scott's case, a person." She spoke quickly, which resulted in receiving a confused look from both of the older men.

"Thanks Nat." Steve glared at her, which caused her to shift uncomfortably and look down.

She felt eyes burning into her head, and looked up for a brief moment to see the trapped assassin frowning at her, almost as if he recognised her.

The room was quiet with the exception of Steve's attempts to communicate with his former best friend, who was still staring at Natasha.

"How are you doing, Scott?" Steve asked, getting up and leaving Bucky on his own, kneeling down on the other side of the machine that had the man trapped.

Natasha stepped cautiously towards him, kneeling down next to him so they were at the same height.

"Are you alright? You don't need any medical attention?" She asked softly, her breath getting caught in her throat when they finally made eye contact.

"No. It was Natasha, right?"

She nodded at the confirmation of her name which resulted in a small nod from him.

Her words got caught in her throat- somehow she couldn't speak and look away from him. He didn't look away either, his eyes looking her up and down, studying her face whilst frowning.

"You shot me." He said slowly after a while.

"Yeah. I did. Sorry about that." She still couldn't look away from him, even though her mind was screaming for her to get away from this trained killer- sure, she could hold him off long enough for them to escape, but honestly? She'd rather die at his hand than anyone else's, even if the memories of their past were written over with him throttling the life from her.

"I shot you first though. When I had to kill the engineer." His frown dissolved, being replaced by a face of regret.

"Consider it even then." She joked, biting her lip.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked, looking worried.

"You shot him through me. There's a scar there, but that was almost five years ago. It's fine."

"Can I see?" He spoke quietly, continuing to look at her.

She balanced on her knees, lifting up her shirt to show him the scar that his bullet had left.

He looked down at her stomach,  his breath getting caught when he saw the mark he had left, knowing that is was his fault.

Natasha stayed still as Bucky reached out his hand, brushing his fingers lightly over the healed skin.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." His voice cracked and she let go of her shirt, letting it cover the scar back up.

"It's alright. You didn't know what you were doing."

"I've seen you before. Where from?"

She made a mental note to thank Scott later, who had interrupted her by informing them that he was ready to free him.

Natasha got up, letting Steve take her place next to Bucky as Sam prepared to prise his arm free. She turned her back on the men, closing her eyes to block out Steve's encouragement, Sam's grunts and Bucky's barely audible whimpers as the Falcon was obviously causing him pain while trying to push him free.

She looked over her shoulder, immediately regretting it when she saw Bucky's face scrunched up in pain and Steve looking heartbroken, knowing that he couldn't do anything to help.

"Steve. Lift it up, it'll make it easier for Sam." She instructed, kneeling back down next to Bucky as Steve did as she said.

"Little bit longer alright? Then we can take you to somewhere safe." She said softly, putting her hand gingerly on his back.

He looked at her quickly, his pained look fading once he made eye contact with her again. She smiled slightly in support, rubbing his back as Sam managed to prise his arm free, to which Bucky pulled it towards him and supported it with his regular arm.

"You alright Buck?" Steve ran to him, kneeling next to Natasha and looking at him with a worried look.

He nodded, looking up at Steve for a few seconds before locking eyes with Natasha.

"I'm fine." He said slowly, smiling slightly at her which caused the butterflies that she hadn't felt since she last saw him about ten years ago.