'Red light...'

Several weeks had passed since they had taken Bucky back to Shield- and he still didn't remember everything. He was beginning to get quite frustrated with himself, even though he knew it wasn't his fault.

Natasha had concluded that some memories had been blocked by the ones HYDRA had implanted into his head, ones of missions and who were the enemy. She believed that these were standing in the way of everything else, almost as if they were guarding it. She wasn't complaining though- Natasha hadn't given away much of her past to anyone other than Clint, and even he didn't know some parts. She was, in a small way, glad that Bucky didn't remember her. It would only cause more pain for him to realise what had happened after.

Deep down, she wanted him back. She wanted to hug him again, hold his hand and tell him everything was going to be okay. She wanted to fall asleep next to him, show him everything he had missed out on- as his girlfriend. That wasn't possible though. The only way he would remember is if he went for the help, but she had managed to scare him out of it.

Steve was happy, as he was beginning to get his best friend back. Bucky was slowly remembering more and more details, even if he did get them muddled up at times.

Now, Bucky had asked to become a Shield agent- properly. He laughed when he found out that Peggy had used her power to make him into one so his name could be remembered, but he wanted it to be done properly- this time he wanted to work for the good guys. He had a badge- no more sneaking around at night and using Natasha's room as a hide out.

"Steve?"

"Yeah, Buck?"

"I feel like I haven't remembered something. Stupid I know, and it's probably nothing, but I want to make sure."

Steve stopped what he was doing, looking over at him.

"Nat said that there was someone who could help me remember. I want their help."

Steve sighed then shook his head. "I'm going to kill her for dragging Wanda into this..." He muttered.

"Wanda? Is that the name of the person who can help?"

"Buck... She's not normal, so to speak. I don't mean that to sound mean, but she has these powers, she barely knows how to control them herself. I don't think it's the best idea."

"Well if she can help me then it's worth a try, right?"

"I don't want you to-"

"What? Get hurt again? I'm always going to be hurt, Steve. Nothing will ever change or make up what happened to me. But if Wanda can help me remember everything- which is what we all want- then I want her help. With or without your permission."

Steve stayed quiet, sighing then deciding to speak. "Don't get freaked out by her. She has this red light power thing, I don't know how to explain it. But she's nice. It's not her fault if she hurts you, because like I said, she's still learning how to control her powers. Even she doesn't know what she's capable of."

"I won't get freaked out. I just want to know if what I'm feeling is something or nothing."

Steve nodded, muttering that he was going to go and find her before leaving the room.

Bucky laid back, looking at the ceiling above him.

"Red light..." He muttered, wondering what he meant.

Steve came back a few minutes later, followed by a woman with long brown hair.

"Buck... This is Wanda Maximoff. Wanda, this is James Barnes." Steve introduced the two and Wanda shook his hand politely.

"You need my help, huh?" Wanda asked, kneeling down next to him.

Bucky looked up for Steve to leave, then he spoke up when he had. "I feel like I haven't remembered something... Like it's blocked. I don't know, it's probably nothing, but I don't want to walk around if I'm missing something important."

"I know what you mean. I've only just learnt how to do this though... I'm sorry if I hurt you."

"It's alright, don't worry about it. I just want to know what I'm missing."

"Also, I'm sorry if I intrude on something you don't want me to. I won't tell anyone, I swear."

"What did Steve mean by red light?"

Wanda smiled then showed him the light from her hands, closing the door from where she was sitting.

"How did you do that?" He asked with an open mouth.

"I was experimented on, and ever since I've been able to get inside people's minds, move things without being near them. I don't know how it happened. Are you ready?"

Bucky nodded as she sat down next to him.

"Just close your eyes." She instructed, the last thing him seeing was the red light.

Wanda began to shift around in his memories, trying not to look at any.

"It feels weird." He commented, feeling her begin to pull at something.

"This has been blocked... A lot. This is probably what you wanted to remember..." She muttered, continuing to try and pull away everything blocking it.

Some while later, Bucky had jumped up quickly.

"Do you know what it was you forgot?" Wanda asked, the light going.

"Yes. Thank you so much Wanda."

"You're welcome, James." She smiled and watched him run from the room, frowning as Steve came in.

"What's going on?" Steve asked.

"He remembers whatever it was he forgot." She smiled again, not knowing what it was.

Bucky ran through the building, eventually finding the person he wanted to see. He stood and watched as she taught a young agent how to throw a punch, then went over when she was done.

"Bucky? What are you-" Natasha was cut off by his lips on hers.

"Red room." He said simply when he had pulled away.

"You remember?"

Bucky nodded and smiled, pulling her into his arms, where she was meant to be.