~Author's Note~

Alrighty so gonna explain a couple of things before we get started. First off this is a ghost bird Fanfiction with a hint of scarab beetle. There'll be lots of references to events that have happened in the original books. And some events might be twisted into something else with the addition of my characters thrown into the mix.

Basically what I'm trying to do is give a different perspective to the story while trying to keep many elements canon. However here and there you may see my own headcanons throughout the story. Usually about the academy or the characters to give them a little more depth while maintaining plausibility.

Plus the books can be very vague about things so I'll try to make things a little more concrete the way I see it.

Another important thing I should mention is that I'll be portraying the characters in between the ages 16-17 (excluding Blackbourne and Sean Green. They will remain 19.) So in the beginning of school they will be Juniors. Why am I making them a bit older? Because in the books they're portrayed as sophomores but they seem so much older. Especially the boys. So I thought this would make more sense even though I suppose it's not much of a difference? Welp. That's how I'm going to roll.

Lastly heads up for explicit language and themes. Nothing too mature, at least I'll try to maintain it that way.

So. Uh yeah. Let's do this.

Edit: 4/8/2017 (heads up for spoilers I guess?)

I thought it might be important to clear up a thing since I got a few questions about it, but yes My OC Aya will eventually end up with the Blackbourne team. However, Sang is still very much in the picture although the events that transpire between her and the boys will be, for the most part, skimmed over because you already have the original books for it. This fanfic will mostly focus on Aya, with POVs switching between her and the boys now and again. As of now, I do plan on changing quite a few things, such as certain events may happen differently or not at all with a second bird in the picture. 

I can understand that this might not be everyone's cup of tea and if you, mysterious reader, decide to not continue on then hey feel free. In fact I'll throw some recommendations of Sang-centric Fanfics at you right now.

-"Capturing Them" by BelindaPeters-Waine

-"Ghost Bird The Academy TV Show" by Synchro Claire

-"A Web of Good and Beautiful Things" by allodoxaphilia

-"Please Don't Leave Me Behind Again" by Jaliza A. Burwell

-"Immaculate" by TreacleToes

I'm quite sure there's many more out there, but these are some of the ones I recall.

And should you actually instead choose to read on, I hope you enjoy the ride because it's a long one. Seriously. I think I write too much. Is an average of 5k words per chapter too much? I don't know, at this point I'm rambling. Welp, that's all at the moment. To stay or go, the power is all yours.