Chapter 5: A Quick Getaway

Ducking inside a Macy's, Aya sprints toward the ladies dressing rooms. Finding salvation in an empty stall, she locks the door behind her. She knows there shouldn't be any cameras around but it doesn't hurt to be careful. Peering around she finds none and settles down on a bench.

"This is definitely a memory I don't want to forget." She mumbles to herself when she catches her reflection in the dressing room's mirror. "I look like shit." Aya laughs clearing away the tears and the trail of black mascara it left in its wake. Don't even get her started on the hair which is a complete bird's nest from all that running around.

Undoing the bun she usually keeps her hair in, she uses her fingers to untangle the knots in her black hair and redoes the same hairstyle. Now it's a little neater and less tangled looking. Thinking herself decent she steps out. Poking her head around the corner Aya sees rows and rows of clothes, no coppers in sight.

"Boo." A gruff voice whispers from her blind side.

She jumps up in fright and on instinct she aims a kick at the guy's crotch. Said guy happens to be Silas who's trying very hard to look like he's not hurt. Only allowing one painful grunt to slip by his lips as he leans against the wall for support, acting like the hit didn't affect him at all.

Silas's groin is on fire while his face remains cool.

"Can I just say I told you so." Kota tells Silas giving him a sympathetic pat on the back. Earlier when he was trailing behind Silas to look for Aya, he heard him say he was going to scare her when they found her peeking her head out. Not yet noticing them hiding behind her. Kota warned him that he might get kicked in the balls, but that's what he gets for not listening. "Stay strong Silas."

"Oops." Aya winces knowing that's gotta hurt. "Sorry Si. You really freaked me out appearing suddenly like that." She says feeling rather bad about it. Old habits die hard.

Aya has taken a few self defense classes when she was younger for personal reasons. It's a habit for her to throw a punch or kick when she's snuck up on before even thinking about the consequences. Act first or die first as her old Karate Sensei once told her. For an old geezer he was pretty strict and downright serious. His teachings did come in handy in several incidents that much is true. Other times, like now, not so much.

"It's fine." Silas grits out through his teeth. He tries to give her a reassuring smile but it's very forced. "It didn't even tickle." He adds as the pain starts to ebb and gives her a smirk.

Aya knew he's lying and acting tough. So she snaps her leg up an inch and Silas instantly jumps back, hands over his crotch to protect his 'family jewels.' He shoots a glare to Aya when he realizes she's just toying with him. Silas sees her bite her bottom lip to stop herself from laughing. He starts to saunter toward her putting on his best 'pissed off' face to intimidate her.

"Pfft. Ok. Ok. I'm sorry. I was just pulling your leg." She tells him as the laughter starts to slip out. Aya puts a hand out to stop him from coming closer. Her palm laying flat against his broad chest, feeling the muscles tense under his T-shirt. Silas lifts a finger to poke her forehead in revenge (albeit a gentle one) and Aya fights the instinctual reaction to flinch away from him.

What she saw wasn't the hand of a gentle hearted boy but one of a woman; well manicured and fingers piled high with rings. When she realizes what came next was a soft poke to the forehead and not a stinging sensation in her cheek, she relaxes. A grin appearing on her face.

"Did you just poke me? I'm so offended right now." Aya throws in an exaggerated gasp for added effect.

"It could have been worse." Silas jokes as he tucks a lock of hair behind her ear. His face turns serious. "You were crying mikroula mou. Tell me did he.." He hesitates hoping he's wrong. "Did he touch you?"