Chapter 6: Time's Up

|Aya|

Whoever said all good things come to an end needs to shut up. Because before I even knew it we were back at Sunnyvale court thus ending our Car-aoke time. Sighing, I unbuckle my seatbelt and turn around to grab my bags that I had put away behind the seats. The others were already getting out of the car.

My arms alone couldn't reach the bags straps so I had to practically tilt half my body over the seat. If I were to tilt any further I'd end up in the back as well with the rest of my things. It's me versus Gravity and the only one with any dignity to lose is an actual entity.

I'm so close to grabbing one of my bags, which were millimeters away from my fingertips, when I feel hands holding onto my hips. I was not expecting that and I jolt upright without any thought and bump my head on the roof of the car.

Fuck. That hurt.

"You ok?!" Kota asks but curses himself after. "Of course she's not ok. She just bumped her head idiot."

If it weren't for my screaming headache I'd be laughing at the fact that he's arguing with himself. Rubbing my head, I felt a small bump at the top and I wince in pain.

"Jeez Kota. Warn a girl before you try to get all touchy feely." I tease him knowing that he was just trying to help. He probably thought I was about to fall over from his point of view. "All you have to do is ask you know?" I add winking at him, the innuendo is not lost on him as he starts to fumble his words.

"I was...that's not..." Kota runs a hand through his hair and when his eyes finds mine, I couldn't help but laugh. He squints at me as if he's realizing something, the grin on my face is a total dead give away. "...you were just messing with me weren't you?"

My grin grew even wider. "What do you mean Kota?" I say feigning innocence while batting my eyelashes at him. "I totally was not teasing you in revenge if that's what you're getting at."

"Uh huh. And you're the greatest liar I have ever met." He says with a roll of his eyes, but a smile on his lips. "I'll grab your bags for you." He leans over and with one hand he pulls up all the shopping bags.

"I could've gotten them myself you know?" I pout taking the bags from him. His words were playing in the back of my head. The irony of it putting a damper on the fun.

"Didn't look that way to me awhile ago." He says with a raised brow.

"It...was a work in progress." I say starting toward the car door next to me. Before I could open it, I could feel Kota's chest pressing up against my back as he leans over to open the door for me. And can I just say, he smells really good. Sweet and spicy at the same time.

"Ladies first." He says as his breath ghosts over the shell of my ear. I bite back a shiver so he wouldn't see how he's affecting me. It's quite obvious he's got a thing for Sang and I'm not about to get in the way of that.

No matter how damn attractive he is.

I turn my head to thank him, but the words die on my lips. I thought he had moved back by then but I was wrong. Instead our faces were a mere inch from each other, and I could see up close just how beautiful his eyes were. I had to fight the temptation to remove his glasses so I could get an even better view.