Ch. 10: Chatterbugs

|Aya|

"Well, well, if it isn't Matilda?" Avery laughs as I get into his taxi. "So where to now?" He asks pulling away from the bus stop, and I look out the window to see Kota's house shrink the further we got away from it.

I feel my phone buzz in the pockets of my jacket and pull it out to see I got a text from Victor, or rather Mr. Armani as I had changed his contact name when I was fiddling with the phone in Kota's room. "Can you drop me off where you picked me up the first time?" I tell Avery as I type out my reply to Victor unable to help the smile on my face.

"Sure thing." He leaves the conversation at that, choosing to dedicate his focus on the road and not on me.

Going through my phone, which I still can't believe I have one, I open up my contacts again and add a new entry. Naming it 'Mystery Teacher,' and adding the phone number I had memorized before Victor deleted it. I couldn't shake off the feeling that Sang and I stumbled onto something we shouldn't have. And for whatever reason, this 'Mr. Blackbourne' sent the boys into a panic and we both noticed that. I found it suspicious that they had such a strong reaction over some small mistake. I don't plan on doing anything with the number, but just in case, I have it in my phone.

Note to self: Text Sang later for some good gossip.

My phone vibrates in my hand again, and I can see a little notification preview of the new message I got from Victor. Tapping it, I open up the conversation.

Victor: I should be the one asking you that with how quickly you replied :P

I laugh, and decide to not reply to him for awhile just to spite him. Unfortunately, I wasn't the most patient person in the world and I gave in after the five minute mark.

Me: I have particularly good reception~

Victor: Uh huh, I see

Victor: By the way, do you mind sending a text to the rest of the guys? So they can have your number too? Kota told me to ask you

Me: Sure I guess. North and Luke too?

Victor: Yup

I was going to exit out of the chat log when I see those three little grey dots at the bottom of the screen, it seems Victor had more to say and I could always do what Kota asked a bit later.

Victor: So is purple your favorite color?

Me: Yeah. What's yours?

Victor: A tie between white and silver. What's your favorite food?

Me: I like to eat lots of things. I'm not picky. Well...I don't like spinach very much. And you?

Victor: Lol, who doesn't? Actually I believe North does, oh and he grills up a mean barbecue so maybe that. His burgers are pretty tasty.

Me: That's funny, didn't really peg you as a hamburger guy. More like caviar and foie gras, etc.

Victor: Nah, I prefer simple and tasty over the fancy gourmand stuff I get at home. It's just too much after awhile.

Me: Haha, wanna switch? I'm always eating fast food or take out and would love to eat half of what you get.

Victor: If you want, I can have my chef make you something? I can bring you lunch from my house at school.

I take a moment to figure out what to say because half of me wanted to say hell to the yes, and the other half, the prideful side, said no way. I didn't want Victor to think I was some starving kid or to have him think I'm taking advantage of him. The gesture is sweet, but not necessary. Even if I wanted a taste of the fancy creations he gets at home.