Chapter 1: Insomnia

Welcome to Sandman everyone I hope you enjoy it this is something I thought of when I was practicing the High school graduation march. I was annoyed, hungry, tired, and had nothing but my endless active imagination to entertain me because I didn't know anyone there. So enjoy the story everyone and my misery. Please remember to READ, VOTE and COMMENT it really means a lot to me. XOXO BUTTERBALL

Dedicate to FrostedRaven an awesome chick with an awesome book make sure you check her's out too. :)
____________________________________________________________________________________

-Samantha-

As long as I can remember, I've never been able to sleep at night. In other words, I've had insomnia all my life, but it's not as fun as my friends think it is. Sure, I never sleep and now have more time on my hands to do more stuff, but there are consequences too. While I can take small, tiny naps during the day, once the sun goes down it's like my ability to sleep just goes away.

I let out a sigh and rubbed a hand over my face before I turned my attention back to the TV. My eyes were starting to ache and I was seeing spots. I laid down on the couch and squinted at the TV trying to ignore the moving shadows out of the corner of my eye.

At the current moment, this was my second day straight without sleep so the hallucinations and nausea were starting to set in. Next would be the hysterics. I yawned and glanced at my empty bottle of sleeping pills that had caused this mess.

The sleeping pills were prescribed by my therapist who has a hilarious name in my opinion and doesn't do her job right because if she did I would have a refill and would already be asleep.

I reached passed the bottle of sleeping pills that sat on the coffee table and grabbed my cell phone. After I grabbed it I squinted at the screen, contemplating on whether or not to call my best friend.

It was one thirty in the morning so he probably wouldn't appreciate a wake-up call. I was about to put my phone down when it rang blaring the ringtone "Dollhouse" as loud as possible. I winced and quickly picked up my phone answering it as I did.

"Hello?"

"You can't sleep either huh."

I smiled at the sound of Nathan's voice. "I can never sleep, ever. So at the moment, I'm just watching some very bad TV," I mumbled. I rubbed my left hand over my eyes as I noticed the shadows moving again.

You're just hallucinating due to lack of sleep Sam, there's nothing there. The only people here are you, mom, and dad.

I took a deep breath then let out a deep breath as I tried to reassure myself. "You ran out of pills already, Sam?" Nathan asked me.

I bit my lip, "I used them like I was supposed to, but the new prescription isn't available yet," I grumbled.

Nathan chuckled, "What are you watching by the way?"

I frowned and picked up the remote, I pressed the info button causing a blue information box to pop up on the TV screen. After I read it I spoke.

"I'm watching a random episode of Matlock," I sighed.

He let out a whistle, "You weren't kidding when you said you were watching bad TV, you usually don't watch anything that isn't in color."

I leaned my head back causing my neck to crack, "Why are you awake anyway? You usually don't wake up until three in the morning, but that's for your morning jog," I muttered.

"I just randomly woke up, and since I couldn't get back to sleep I figure that I'd do my morning stretches while watching some TLC," He told me.

I snickered, "TLC, as in tender loving care or total lost cause?"

"It's the TV station you idiot," he sighed.

I let out a small chuckle, "I know I just wanted to mess with you, I'll hang up so you can get back to your stretches," I said letting out another yawn.

"Okay but, Sam try to get some rest," he told me.

"Alright, Nathan I'll try to get some sleep. Keyword being try," I told him, then hung up. I laid my phone back on the coffee table and turned my attention back to the TV.

The moment I did someone on screen was shot and I started laughing, uncontrollably.

Shit, here come the hysterics.

"Sam, honey are you okay? What are you doing up at this hour?"

I looked to my left to see my mom giving me a concerned look while I was still laughing. My mom was of Chinese heritage, her skin was slightly tanned and she had short black hair in a pixie cut. "I-I'm fine mom, I... just wanted to watch TV," I told her in between my bouts of laughter. What I just said was the code word for: I'm not fine, please help me.

My mom frowned and crossed her arms, "Did you try your sleeping pills?"

My laughter increased on its own making me both light headed and nauseous. I took a deep breath so I could talk.

"I'm out of sleeping pills and I have been for two days, and over the counter sleep aids aren't doing anything," I informed her quickly.

Her eyes widened then she sighed, "Samantha, honey why didn't you say anything?"

I bit my lip and contained my hysterics for the moment, my mom walked over to me and picked up my bottle of sleeping pills. She turned it around in her hands examining it for a moment before she set it back down.

"Well the only thing you can do at the moment is try to fall asleep to music, I'll call your doctor as soon as they open. Now go up to your room and try to rest you still have a few hours before school," She told me.

I nodded as I got up off the couch then I headed upstairs and into my room, which was the first door on the right. My room was pretty bland all things considered, I only had a few posters but those were of video games like Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Dragon Age, just to name a few I changed them periodically depending on my mood or what games I was currently into.

I had a large, old TV that my dad picked up at a thrift store for thirty dollars, and I loved it. My bed was a single with two mattresses stacked on top of each other on top of the movable metal frame. I had a table next to it and on that table was a porcelain lamp and a cd player.

I hooked my iPhone up to its charger, then I hit the music app. I only had one soundtrack I used as a lullaby, but there was usually only one song I fell asleep to. I hit the play button then laid back on my bed with my eyes closed and tried not to think about anything.

I felt my breathing calm down slightly and I let out a sigh as my body began to relax more and more.