Chapter 8: Darkness is never your friend

Welcome back to Sandman everyone when my insomnia acts up I posted more, by the way, the next chapter is in Nathan's point of view for reasons:) also make sure to check out the picture next to the video. Anyway please remember to VOTE and COMMENT it really means a lot to me and I like chatting with you guys in the comments. XOXO BUTTERBALL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Samantha-

I've never been scared of the dark but I've never been too fond of it, it's just uncomfortable to me. So I usually sleep with a night light, Nathan is kind of the same way which is why he does the same thing.

At the current moment, we were studying together in a sort of cross studying method. I was helping him study for an English test and he was helping me with math because I sucked at math.

I looked up as his mom Tera coming in the house more than likely from her nurse's shift at this hour of the night.

"Hi mom," Nathan told her.

"Hi Ms. Andrews," I said.

"Hi you two, what are you doing?"She asked.

"We're studying but I think I should take, Sam home now it's getting dark," he told her.

"It's dark outside right now," I informed him after a glance out the window.

"Well, I'll walk you back now," Nathan said softly.

"Bye, Sam and tell your parents I said hello," Tera told me as I left along with Nathan.

Nathan's house was two blocks from mine and in Dover, it gets dark even with the street lights that gave off an almost orange colored light.

"We need to hurry," he said.

I turned the flashlight on, on my phone even though it was dim it was still better than nothing.

"Don't worry it'll be fine," I told him.

"No it won't we need to hurry," he insisted.

"Nathan we'll be fine, I have a taser and mace in my purse in case of emergencies. So there's not much to worry about," I reassured him.

"Wait are you worried, about my dad yelling at you?" I asked smiling as I looked at him.

"No," Nathan whispered.

I stopped walking and sighed, "Then what are you worried about?"  I asked him.

"He's worried about me sweetheart."

I frowned when I heard Nathan's voice but didn't see him speak. In fact, it confused me for a good few seconds until I realized that it had come from behind me.

I turned to see a pair of glowing silver eyes looking at me out of the darkness.

I heard a chain rattle as the whatever owned those eyes came closer.

"Nathan we need to go now," I said.

I took a step back and it was then I noticed that the chain ran from the silver-eyed thing, across the ground a bit and straight to Nathan attaching at this odd black choker that was suddenly around his neck.

Nathan bit his lip, "We can't, there's no point," he sighed.

"That's right you should have listened to him when he was trying to rush you home, out of the darkness," the silver-eyed creature said.

"Who are you!?" I snapped.

The silver eyed creature finally stepped out of the darkness and I froze my eyes widened.

It looked like Nathan but with black hair, and dressed all in black clothing.

"It's nice to finally meet you face to face, after being in so many of your nightmares or rather so few. My name is, Theo, I'm Nathan's doppelgänger but you know me as The Bogeyman," he said grinning and showing off shark-like teeth.

I looked up at Nathan then back at him after about a second I started screaming.