Chapter 13: The Visit

Welcome back to Sandman everyone time for a little bit of Nathan's POV. :) Anyway, I hope that you enjoy it and please remember to VOTE and COMMENT it really means a lot to me and I like chatting with you guys in the comments. XOXO BUTTERBALL.

Ps: The guy in that picture is supposed to be Nathan's dad. Click the video.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Nathan-

Delaware, Department of Corrections is a maximum security prison and also where I was currently spending a good two hours of my time today.

A small tingling feeling ran over my skin as the marking moved again this time placing itself on my stomach. As I entered the security check-in building Theo spoke to me in my head.

"I kind of like prisons to they have crazy brains from time to time. I wonder if Ash misses me, he always knew my favorite type of nightmares to eat," he said.

I sighed as I walked signed in, then sat down in an empty chair where I was barely visible.

"Don't you ever shut up? I doubt anyone misses you," I mumbled under my breath.

For a moment he was silent then, he spoke. "I bet, Samantha misses me. When you know a person's mind inside and out you begin to know how they think," he told me slowly in a low tone.

I gritted my teeth, "Leave her alone," I growled, my fangs digging into my bottom lip.

"Let me tell you something little boy, I've been in many cages similar to yours and I've traveled with many people over the years. However, you and your cage are the ones that I hate the most in all of my, five hundred thousand years. Would you like to know why?" Theo said.

I let out a loud sigh, "Why is that?" I muttered in annoyance.

I felt the marking move again this time moving over so it was over my heart. A chill ran across my skin and I shivered slightly. Suddenly a pain shot through the marking going straight to my heart.

I winced, gritted my teeth and began massaging the aching area with one hand. "Would you please stop," I hissed at Theo.

"You reek of freedom boy, and it disgusts me," he whispered.

I bit my lip as the pain slowly faded. The process of getting into the prison to see my dad is actually more time consuming, than the drive up to the prison. There were multiple checkpoints and metal detectors, all of which made me feel very uncomfortable.

I sat down in one of the small cubicles and faced the plexiglass window. After a moment or two, my dad walked in escorted by a police officer.

Once he sat down I picked up the phone and he did the same.

"Hi dad, how are you doing?" I asked smiling.

He chuckled, "I'm doing as good as I can be," he told me as he smiled.

"How are you and your mom doing?" He asked softly.

"Mom's doing good, she's a nurse so sometimes I worry that she works too much, but she says she's okay. As for me...I'm trying my best but it's hard sometimes even though I'm used to it now," I told him.

He sighed, "Nathan, are you having any trouble with it? Anything out of the ordinary?"

I bit my lip as that memory from years ago surfaced in my head. "No dad, nothing unusual so far," I whispered.

He let out a sigh, his expression looking slightly relieved. "That's good to hear," he muttered.

Then he smiled, "By the way, Nathan have you found anyone special? Your mom said you had a pretty girlfriend in her last letter."

I felt my face heat up slightly as one person came to mind.

Sam.

"Kind of...but I messed up, big time. She found out about the curse before I could properly tell her. Even though she's pretty open-minded she was still pissed of course, I've been trying to give her time to understand everything. I don't want to force her," I whispered.

"Nathan, it sounds like you're doing the right thing to me. If she needs time to understand then she just needs time," he told me gently.

I smiled slightly, " Are you ever going to tell mom what you were? And what I am now?" I asked him.

"I'll do it next year, that's when I'm getting out. I want to tell, Tera the news properly. I don't want it to be from behind a glass window or on a piece of paper," he said.

My dad let out a sigh, "It's a shame but I have to go now, Nathan. I love you son. And always remember never chase shadows," he told me.

"Bye dad and I love you too," I told him.

Never chase shadows, was something that people with the curse that my dad and I had always told each other. It meant don't give into the darkness or you may be taken away by the shadows.

My dad gave into the darkness and as a result, he was possessed by a shadow, while possessed he committed an armed robbery and an assault with a deadly weapon which landed him in here. The shadows scare, take, manipulate, and then they throw away.