Chapter 14:Attack

Welcome back to Sandman everyone, I thought we need a bit of  Sam and Victoria time since you guys barely see her unless Sam is in class. So yay :) I hope you guys enjoy it. Please remember to VOTE and COMMENT it means a lot to me and I like chatting with you guys in the comments. XOXO BUTTERBALL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Samantha-

I was bored. It was the third Sunday of the month meaning that it was my parents' date night. So they had left me home alone with a few rules in place of course. The number one being from dad.

That I wasn't allowed to have Nathan over. While they trusted him, my dad was at that stage where he trusted Nathan but didn't want him around me too long unsupervised at our age.

So that meant I was even more bored. I let out a sigh as I ate some dry cereal out of a bowl.

You know what fuck this I'm calling Victoria.

I picked up my cellphone of the coffee table and after pressing some buttons called Victoria's cell phone.

She picked up after the second ring. "Hi, Sam what is it?"

"Hi, Victoria are you busy?" I asked.

"No, I'm not doing anything. Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to come over and hang out. My parents went out on a date and I'm super bored," I told her. I ate some more dry cereal.

"Sam, what are you eating?" She asked me slowly.

"Mmmh? Oh, it's dry cereal I told you I'm bored," I said after I had swallowed the food.

For a moment Victoria was very quiet then she spoke. "Oh my god! Do you know how freaking unhealthy that is! That's it I'm coming over right now!" She yelled.

I winced as her yelling nearly shattered my eardrum before I could say anything else, however, Victoria hung up.

I stared at my phone for a moment frowning.

Is she a health freak or something?

It took Victoria ten minutes took to come to my house. When I let her in I noticed that she was holding two grocery bags.

"What are those?" I asked her frowning.

"You and I are going to cook a nice healthy meal together, and we're going to eat it. No more dry cereal for you it's totally unhealthy," she told me.

I smiled, "I didn't know you were a health nut Victoria or a perfectionist," I said.

"Only when it comes to food, I want to be a chef when I get older," she informed me as she sat the bags down on my kitchen counter.

I handed her the spare apron as I got one for myself. "Were your parents okay with you coming over on such short notice?" I asked her.

Victoria chuckled, "It's okay, it's not like they care anyway," she said.

"What do you mean?"

"My parents are divorced, but they were too busy with their own lives to decide which one would take me when I was little. So my grandma took me," she informed me smiling slightly.

"T-that's awful," I whispered.

"It's fine, I'm over now. Some wounds do heal if you give them enough time, I don't resent my parents at all now. In fact, I just worry about them sometimes, since that art gallery keeps them so busy I wonder if they take care themselves enough," she said softly.